Help. How do a dead walk a TK?

Broke Boy

Practice in clear water so you can watch. Sharp rod twitches or sharp reel bumps with line that doesn't stretch much. You'll see the head section moving back and forth flashing and attracting fish. At a distance, with mono, rod twitches work better for me. 

Stock or short lip depending on water depth 

some sort of weight added, I did one lead strip storm strip wrapped around hook shank (covered with shrink tubing) this allows it to slow float and basically suspend while dead walking it 

IMG_6281.jpeg

I’m a fan of reel twitches, short half to 1/3 cranks. I fish braid to mono leader, reel is 6.3:1

I also added some tracers on top to watch the action. Like others stated go somewhere where you can see the action and watch it far out vs close to you. 

I like cranking it down, pause, then dead twitch it for a stretch, pause, crank repeat 

I’ve had some decent success with my TK’s and K9’s, but I’ve always wondered.  Do people use the transfer tail in mode A also, or is that strictly a mode B (glide mode facing down) sort of deal?

4 hours ago, BPayne said:

I’ve had some decent success with my TK’s and K9’s, but I’ve always wondered.  Do people use the transfer tail in mode A also, or is that strictly a mode B (glide mode facing down) sort of deal?

I wonder this too.  I think I've seen people say Mode A.

5 hours ago, BPayne said:

I like the v tail for deadwalking, I feel like it helps slow the baits forward momentum. And it looks better to me in those slower modes when the fish get a good look at it. 

6 hours ago, BPayne said:

Mode A transfer tail for when you Wana burn it fast as possible won't blow out I noticed .