6-7” glides that you can burn!?

JBean

Hey guys. I’m looking for a glide that is in the 6-7” range for fishing offshore postspawn. There’s a certain period in late May-June here where you will see very big Shad shooting out of the water like flying fish and they’re getting chased by giant blacks and stripers. I caught them pretty good on a Biggs denali last year but the ones I have need to be worked pretty slow and I think the fish get too much time to look at it. Looking for a bait in the 6-7” range that I can burn close to the surface. Anything come to mind?

8 hours ago, Splitshot said:

Bucca  baits burn well so do a few of the soft swimbaits like the raid 170 burns ice and true with great action 

I second the buccas, even his glides burn well for me. 

Multi joints typically are easier to burn and much cheaper. If I want to burn something it’s usually for schooling fish or grass flats. I like a triple trout, bull Shad or benson but a taxi Shad or Chad shad will work too. 

Edited by Rangermike

Bgc 7 is definitely a good fast swimming glide but I wouldn't call it a burn. It def looks better to me swimming quick rather than gliding... I'm not a bass tho so may need to consult them instead 

Chad Shad, Hyper Shad and Clutch Darter are all good burners in that range and glide bait category.  As the others have said multi joint a bucca or triple trout are your staples there.  

Sincerely thank you guys. A lot of interesting options. Was looking at a Matt Lures Closer as well. Looks really good!