Need advice on reel choice and line choice

I am new to fishing swimbaits. (started about a year ago) I am curious to have imput and see what yall have to say about some questions i have. First comes rod which i decided on my own which is the G lommis 966c IMX pro. Next is reel which i havent decided on. I am looking at the shimano tranx 300A and the Daiwa tatula 300 and im not sure which is better. I want strong, proven, reliablity, and finally casting distance. The next question then becomes Gear ratio which i know is all according to spool size and otherthings so i am really looking at the inches per turn (ipt). Its either the Tranx 300 5.8(30ipt) Tranx 300 7.6(39ipt) or the Daiwa tatula 300 5.3(28.1ipt) tatula 300 6.3(33.5ipt) or the tatula 300 7.1(37.6ipt)? Finally comes Line brand, line type, and line size. I am all ears and want feedback on everything. The baits i will be throwing will be in the 6.5 inch to the biggest for now being a deps 250 slide swimmer.

I’d recommend the Tatula 300 6.3. It’s a good all around gear ratio for swimbaiting and casts very well. It will handle the range of baits you mentioned and has the external braking dial which makes it very easy to swap between different size/weight lures. You have to pop off the side plate to adjust brakes on the Tranx. 20 lb CXX will handle that range of baits well. I do prefer 25lb for a 250 slide swimmer but 20 will work fine. 

Generally I go for faster reels, but it does depend on the baits u use and your style of fishing. If you're fishing big lipped baits with lots of resistance, u want a slower reel. For glides, soft baits and swimmers I like faster reels. Those are just my preference 

I didn't love the tranx300, but I do love the 200 and 400 size. It's subjective though, you'd have to decide for yourself. I don't have experience with the tat. If you're in it for the long run, and have the funds, u should get the best u can afford. That's not to say a less expensive reel won't take care of u but there are some good higher end reels that will last forever if u take care of them. 

For line, invizx for flouro, izorline xxx for copoly. 15 lb test up to 30 lb test, they've been good to me so I never had a reason to try other brands. 

1 hour ago, B_larkin3 said:

I’d recommend the Tatula 300 6.3. It’s a good all around gear ratio for swimbaiting and casts very well. It will handle the range of baits you mentioned and has the external braking dial which makes it very easy to swap between different size/weight lures. You have to pop off the side plate to adjust brakes on the Tranx. 20 lb CXX will handle that range of baits well. I do prefer 25lb for a 250 slide swimmer but 20 will work fine. 

thank you for the information sir it means a lot

11 minutes ago, SumoNinja said:

Generally I go for faster reels, but it does depend on the baits u use and your style of fishing. If you're fishing big lipped baits with lots of resistance, u want a slower reel. For glides, soft baits and swimmers I like faster reels. Those are just my preference 

I didn't love the tranx300, but I do love the 200 and 400 size. It's subjective though, you'd have to decide for yourself. I don't have experience with the tat. If you're in it for the long run, and have the funds, u should get the best u can afford. That's not to say a less expensive reel won't take care of u but there are some good higher end reels that will last forever if u take care of them. 

For line, invizx for flouro, izorline xxx for copoly. 15 lb test up to 30 lb test, they've been good to me so I never had a reason to try other brands. 

Most of the time it will be larger glides. Thats the main use of the combo i decide on so are you recomending the 7.1 daiwa tatula for glides? and the tranx in the slower gear radio for cranks and soft body baits?

5 hours ago, Braxton white said:

Most of the time it will be larger glides. Thats the main use of the combo i decide on so are you recomending the 7.1 daiwa tatula for glides? and the tranx in the slower gear radio for cranks and soft body baits?

It depends how u like to fish them. I've seen some people prefer slower reels for glides. For myself I prefer faster reels for glides as I like to fish them aggressive. Reel chops and rod bumps....erratic, especially at night