Hinkle shad.

Riley_22

I was looking at a Hinkle shad for sale, and it just felt off, I looked at some photos online, and it looked like some scale details were missing or a little off. Are there resin copys around? or it looked like somebody used the same mold until it started degrading, (late production?) it was mid 300$. not sure if that's standard Hinkle prices. 

there are fakes out there for sure, but hinkles have a lot of imperfections themselves.  some of the trouts i own  have a spot on the side were there are no scales at all. not sure if it is an old mold that gets reused over and over or if its just in the design itself. 300 for a shad is around retail cost + paint now days. most are selling from 300-450 depending on who painted them and who is selling them. if you are buying from a reputable forum like Underground or Swimbait Universe and the person selling is a known member in good standing it most likely was a real hinkle. got any pics or a link to the bait?

21 hours ago, Riley_22 said:

I was looking at a Hinkle shad for sale, and it just felt off, I looked at some photos online, and it looked like some scale details were missing or a little off. Are there resin copys around? or it looked like somebody used the same mold until it started degrading, (late production?) it was mid 300$. not sure if that's standard Hinkle prices. 

where did you see this hinkle? (stay away from ebay), maybe it would help to post a pic of it so we can see if its a true hinkle. 

(heres mine for reference brochacho)

IMG_3167.jpeg

2 hours ago, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

where did you see this hinkle? (stay away from ebay), maybe it would help to post a pic of it so we can see if its a true hinkle. 

(heres mine for reference brochacho)

IMG_3167.jpeg

I'll post some photos later today, it was on OfferUp.

• 2 weeks later...