First Day out with K9!

appstlhd

The weather here in North Cackalacky is starting to heat up! Last week bass were up shallow munchin on whatever they could find, but the last few days of chillier weather have turned eaters into followers! I ordered a Klash 9 from Japan on Saturday, and it was on my doorstep this afternoon, so I just had to take it out for a spin! It took me a few minutes to figure out the cadence to the bait after throwing a Deps 250 for the last week. (I missed a freaking HAWG on it last Friday- heart=broken) Anyways! I was throwing the K9 on an oxbow wall in the creek that feeds the pond my buddy and I fish- and all of a sudden the bait gets t-boned! I was kind of in shock after throwing it all afternoon with just followers and forgot to set the hook- whoops! I was so excited to finally get one of these baits and am definitely looking forward to throwing it until I stick one! Hopefully it'll be soon! What do y'all think about the color? I know the opaque baits are great for those clear Japanese lakes, but how should it fare here on the east coast?
Tight lines y'all!

-appstlhd

IMG_1673 Large.jpeg

IMG_1675 Large.jpeg

Nice color, I like that flash. My favorite color for upper GA and western NC is Specter. Clear water, muddy water doesn’t matter they tear it up. I’ve got a brown trout K9 and TK on the way from Dream Catchers and expect to do pretty well on those too!

2 hours ago, buzzed bait said:

Nice color, I like that flash. My favorite color for upper GA and western NC is Specter. Clear water, muddy water doesn’t matter they tear it up. I’ve got a brown trout K9 and TK on the way from Dream Catchers and expect to do pretty well on those too!

Can you still buy baits from Austin? I was under the impression the Dream Catchers shop got sold, could be wrong tho! That’s definitely a sick color. I’ll be moving back to Boone this summer after being in Raleigh for 2 years- hopefully I can get out on some Western NC lakes! Definitely have clearer water than Jordan or Shearon-Harris 

2 hours ago, appstlhd said:

Can you still buy baits from Austin? I was under the impression the Dream Catchers shop got sold, could be wrong tho! That’s definitely a sick color. I’ll be moving back to Boone this summer after being in Raleigh for 2 years- hopefully I can get out on some Western NC lakes! Definitely have clearer water than Jordan or Shearon-Harris 

Yeah they had some on the site this past week, supposed to deliver today!

On 4/1/2024 at 3:29 AM, DEPS_250 said:

Which rod, reel and line are you using to fish the K9? 

I’m using a Dobyns 806 with a shimano Cardiff 300. I’m switching that reel to a tatula 300 though. I use 20lb cox or 20lb FC Sniper