Bass eating taggged trout.

Fishbeastmike

Should be fine.. Fishing the salt, I've pulled up a calico with a hook coming out of its butt hole. Pulled the hook out and there was a ton of line attached to it and it still swam away fine. :lol:

Too funny, Mike! :lol: glad the fish swam away!

If a bass eats a tagged trout, Can the fish be able to pass the tag from the digest trout? or will it be harmful to them?

Shouldn't be any more of a problem than a fish ingesting a soft plastic, and likely it would be less of a problem, since most of the external tags, like these are made out of biologically inert plastic. As part of a project here in CO, a group of students tagged a bunch of bass and pike and when we get to fish the restricted access lake the worked on, we still catch fish with tags in them, even though it's now almost 6 years later. The tags last and last, but as long as they are not in something vital, the fish should do fine.

I too have caught a lmb with a Senko out of the rear. I also caught a striper with a 4/0 octopus hook sticking out the rear which I pulled out about 18" of leader and a barrel swivel. Pretty amazed at how strong these fishes are.