Murky Water

whit

fish the same way you would in clear,the bait your imitating isn't going to become louder and get darker in murky water does it?

A trout or bluegill don't turn black at night or in Murky water so why should your bait?

fish the same way you would in clear,the bait your imitating isn't going to become louder and get darker in murky water does it?

A trout or bluegill don't turn black at night or in Murky water so why should your bait?

This is something I've struggled with. The concept has always made sense in my head, but when I get on off-colored water, I get psyched out. It's something I hope to get past this season...

Any one ever watch a bluegill or sunfish in a tank at night? They change color for sure ..but fishing how you would on clear water won't hurt.

Everything's darker with the lights off :lol:

No but seriously fish change colors slightly but I just haven't seen a solid black trout

I'll go fundamental here, never seen a black crawdad in california either but I have a local "murky" lake that I fish that is FULL of bright red, and green/brown crawdads. I have fished the lake 100 times easy over the last few years and have caught tenfold the fish on a black, blue/black, or purple/black jig than I ever have on any jig in natural colors, or jigs that "match the hatch". Match the hatch makes sense, but when fishing murky water I absolutely, 100% of the time take water clarity into account. I'm sure there's a few hundred professional fishermen out there who would agree, match the hatch has its place, it is a part of the equation, as is water clarity. I've caught a hell of a lot of fish on damn a damn near black hudd.

I'm not saying to disregard what guys on here post, just as with anything else, don't let someone's word be a substitute for your experience, or your specific scenarios. You'll get fed some wrong info on here for your waters at some point in time, murky water IS a different beast than clear water, I'd never treat it the same.

Honestly, I don't throw them in muddy water because I don't think it is the best presentation for that situation. I'm not sure throwing swimbaits 100% of the time, just to throw swimbaits, is the way to do it. I like to fish upsized versions of normal bassy stuff. One thing I like to throw in muddy water is a big ass chatter bait with a 6" robo worm or big hammer swimbait tail.

DSC02798_zpse56b843c.jpg