Swimbaits during spawn?

kmooresd85

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck em! There are always fish in different stages than what you see. Pre-spawn or post spawn fish will be deeper.

Can be a fun time of the year as post spawn fish go nuts, and pre spawn fish still fatten up.

This being my first year of really swimbait fishing, I was wondering how effective swimbaits are if your not really into bedfishing. The fish in my area are now spawning so I wanna know if it's worth throwin the swimbait.

While everyone is breaking there necks looking down, I'm still doing it the same way through spawn in to post. Then it's just to hot here :lol: (night fish)

This being my first year of really swimbait fishing, I was wondering how effective swimbaits are if your not really into bedfishing. The fish in my area are now spawning so I wanna know if it's worth throwin the swimbait.

While everyone is breaking there necks looking down, I'm still doing it the same way through spawn in to post. Then it's just to hot here :lol: (night fish)

Don we agree on something :o

8-)

I think swimbaiting during pre-spawn/spawning is really effective because the bass will be territorial an not so much looking for a huge meal. maybe they are who knows..

last year I had a bass keep head butting/nudging my deps 175, not even trying to bite it. just trying to get it move away from the nest but then i guess i pissed her off and she finally bit it lol

If your going to bed fish there are a lot better methods than swimbaits. Catching bed fish on swimbaits just to say your catching "swimbait" fish is the lamest thing I've ever heard. Fish deeper doing the same as prespawn...not all of them will be on beds at the same time.

If your going to bed fish there are a lot better methods than swimbaits. Catching bed fish on swimbaits just to say your catching "swimbait" fish is the lamest thing I've ever heard. Fish deeper doing the same as prespawn...not all of them will be on beds at the same time.

Agreed

What people don't realize is when you see the males up in beds usually the females are out of sight nearby usually on the break I fish for them they are fat and full of eggs and not actively spawning yet

I don't want to bed fish which is why I'm trying to find out if throwing the swimbait is effective. seems everyone this time of year is finding the fish and putting the bait right on em. I always hated that method cuz it's boring and super frustrating if you can't get the fish to bite. Thanks for the advice on fishing deeper though. I will try and stick to that next outing.