Thanks for the advice from a veteran SU member!

waynem

There have been quite a few threads lately about helping/not helping people asking vague questions. I'd like to report that I contacted one of the veteran members here with a very specific question about a specific bait. Not only did this guy answer my question, he also sent me 8 videos of him fishing it and boating some nice ones on it. He went way beyond what I was expecting and also re-aligned my thinking on the forage-to-swimbait selection. It was immensely helpful.

To any of the newer members I guess I would recommend you locate that search button up top. I'm sure I spent 50+ hours using the search function when I first found SU. You are going to learn about rods,reels, baits, & techniques. Equally important is that you are going to get a feel for which guys posting are good and which guys are REALLY, REALLY GOOD. Then you'll be able to pay particular attention when they post something new.

Again, I really want to thank that SU member for the help. I'd mention his name but I don't want him swamped with questions. Like I said, he is a VETERAN SU guy.

Sounds like a cool experience. Its crazy how much knowledge you can get on this forum by just reading and making some relationships with guys. So much info is out there, and guys have tried so many things that they can lend advice on. Glad you ran into someone who gave it to you straight.

It can't be Travis. His videos don't include bass... just those sexy carp

What can I say, I'm a frash carp type of guy...also like the eels and R Kelly :D

Glad someone could help you out Wayne, there really is a lot to learn on this site. When I'm bored, I like to just go into the main part of the forum here and go to the last page and start going back to the first page and reading what interests me, lots to learn!

Nice feel good story. Like I said when I joined, this is a great site, with great members. I was one of the noobs that did not use the search feature till recently. As far as the Carp stuff.....I don't want to know... :lol::D