Gonna try rigging my 68 this way...

everythingthatswims

Instead of wrapping a ton of string around your bait... Go get a box of paper clips and make yourself a good amount of these. Make them longer if you want but they work for me just fine

80FFAB2D-7D2B-4036-A5B6-37B0F362B246.jpg

+1 I do the exact same thing. I put a magnet in the top of my hudd to hold the hook in place and one of the pins to hold it down I saw mike long do it in a YouTube video.

Instead of wrapping a ton of string around your bait... Go get a box of paper clips and make yourself a good amount of these. Make them longer if you want but they work for me just fine

80FFAB2D-7D2B-4036-A5B6-37B0F362B246.jpg

+1 I do the exact same thing. I put a magnet in the top of my hudd to hold the hook in place and one of the pins to hold it down I saw mike long do it in a YouTube video.

What kind of magnets are they? I never really got super crazy looking for magnets but I know it would work if I had strong enough ones that were kind of small. I just bought some random ones I had seen along the way and none of them ever worked.

I believe I used a rare earth magnet it's pretty strong. 99% of the time I don't need the pin to hold the hook in place the magnet alone will hold it. The trick is to have the magnet partially exposed I'll post a pic up later of what mine looks like.

I use a razor blade to cut a small slot in the top of the bait then put the small rare earth magnet in and put 316 glue over the hole make sure not to close the skin back over the magnet though. I also use 80 lb mono and a 100lb crimp and rig the treble like butch.

post-2094-14253003795102_thumb.jpg

post-2094-14253003801111_thumb.jpg

post-2094-14253003803876_thumb.jpg

jig hook has always worked great for me. you gotta keep in mind that most of the fish that hit a hudd hammer the ish out of it and you wind up with the bait deep in their mouths. if there's one bait i have a great hook up ratio on, it is the 68

You're all insane. Keep it simple stupid. Jig hook is fine. If anything, bend it out some. I don't care what butch brown does, I don't catch 19# bass. Jig hook works for me, I don't understand why everyone fucks up their hudds. I think Don posted something about the ROF 5 coming out with a jig hook, I can't wait. I'm sick of screwing up baits by jamming hooks in them. And don't give me the oh just get hiddlebond crap, I want a $30 bait to catch fish without having to mod it or glue it back up after every fish.

You're all insane. Keep it simple stupid. Jig hook is fine. If anything, bend it out some. I don't care what butch brown does, I don't catch 19# bass. Jig hook works for me, I don't understand why everyone fucks up their hudds. I think Don posted something about the ROF 5 coming out with a jig hook, I can't wait. I'm sick of screwing up baits by jamming hooks in them. And don't give me the oh just get hiddlebond crap, I want a $30 bait to catch fish without having to mod it or glue it back up after every fish.

So I'm guessing you don't change the hooks out on your triple trouts, slammers, deps... etc? Not even after they bend out right?

So I'm guessing you don't change the hooks out on your triple trouts, slammers, deps... etc? Not even after they bend out right?

That's totally different, comparing trebles, some of which are weaker, with a perfectly acceptable, and sharpen able jig hook