Next World Record

SacrificeFishing

La perla ranch in texas, it's the same guy that made the tecomate food system for deer. I don't think that a bass from a private lake should be considered. Especially since he is feeding them and managing the lake for giant world record size bass.

Yeah its a private lake that you or I get just go to and fish. he's feeding them fresh water prawns

Have you looked at the prices for fishing there. I could never see myself paying that much money to fish for a day of fishing. I don't care that the guy is doing it I'm just saying that a fish from that lake should not be counted as a state or world record.

Imo it could come from any number of places that have F1 bass and have a healthy ecosystem. Small lakes in Georgia, a few big lakes up here in Norcal, and of course Japan. The thing that interests me about Japan is they don't have the constant supply of trout. 

I hope that it's caught on a lure but if someone catches it on live bait at least we get to see what's swimming around out there. 

What makes you say nor cal versus so cal? It seems to me like the nor cal lakes are coming into their prime while the so cal seem to be tapering off from their peak period. I have no clue on the reason why though. Glad to have your input.

He never said it was on a mother/deps, he said loud and clear in an interview his approach to catching the WR and with it being with a blue gill. His previous lake record was caught on a Mother in which a lot of people mistake that fish for his WR fish. He held the previous lake Biwa record before catching the WR. 2 different fish, 2 different applications. My opinion is that the next record will come from Biwa, and will most likely be caught using live bait, which I too feel as if a true world record should have to be caught on artificial.

actually it was rumored to be a slide swimmer which deps tried keeping it quiet before it was ever in the news(why would u think that is?) , he said in a video it was a bluegill yes , I for one see him as a bucket fishmen period...... and for the mother fish posting pics with a mother hanging from a bass does not mean anything,(anyone can do the same even though it was caught on a drop shot 'just a example' )even videos can be staged . roman made and deps both support him (they don't sponsor him I know) why do u think that is? think about it . To me to think or lable a bucket fishermen in the same breath as Mike Long or Butch brown or matt allen like the media has is just disrespectful for all the time they put throwing LURES to catch Big trophy bass. Im sorry but I see no art in using a live blue that my 5 year old daughter could do (would she be labled the same using live bait)

just my 2cents

Edited by JeremyW

What makes you say nor cal versus so cal? It seems to me like the nor cal lakes are coming into their prime while the so cal seem to be tapering off from their peak period. I have no clue on the reason why though. Glad to have your input.

Socal could for sure but I'm not aware of many places that are planting pure Florida strain fish anymore (please let me know if someone is). This looks like the biggest factor no matter the state/country. Once those first generation hybrid F1's hatch their growth rate is almost hard to believe. I spoke to a biologist who received one of the Otoliths from Manabu's fish and him along with others who tested the age were dumbfounded by her age, so much so they wouldn't release it. I believe Urban tested Dotties age.. if I remember she was only 8 or 9 years old? Again correct me if I'm wrong. There's a few lakes up here that have been planting Florida's for well over a decade and their lake records keep breaking. That's always a good sign. 

On the other side of the coin the optimist in me feels there's a fair number of 17-18lbers swimming around in CA. I'd like to think anyone of these fish could easily go on a binge and eat a handful of 1-2lb trout along with a sb.

it deff won't be in mass, especially when a friend of a friend shows me a picture of a 6.5 one day(through ice) and then the next day proceeds to show me a 6.7(through ice) in the same area. I say, "I hoped you released them" and what do you know, he says, f that man, me and my dad are getting them both mounted, those are the biggest fish I've ever seen!" I mean congrats on the live shiner catch...but really?!

man, i really enjoy fishing artificials but i dont think i agree with the world record being caught by a bucket fisherman. Dude has caught more giant swimbait fish than I. Crupi caught a 20 on a live crawdad... on a bed. I dont hear anyone disputing those older records. i enjoy fishing a certain way but am.not gonna chop someone down for enjoying fishing their own way. Lots of saltwater records are on live bait, should we strip those records also and say records must be caught on artificial? Seems kinda wild. That said, id have to go with norcal or biwa. But who knows... i just hope someone breaks it again.

Swimbaits are our culture just as cranks and plastics are the tournament bass fishing culture. That doesn't mean that those are the only ways to fish. Live bait fishing is still fishing. A world record fish is recognized on the world stage, not just by us who understand the amount of skill it takes to convince a bass to eat an artificial. Imagine if Bill Murphy or Bob Crupi caught the world record bass on a live crawdad . . . are you going to walk up to them and insist that they're record isn't as big of a deal as it would have been had they caught it on artificial? Come off it