100lb braid>P-line Cxx?

Sasqwatch01

I've been using braid for almost all applications prior to my swimbait venture, now im hearing to use pline cxx or big game mono.

Went out an got some pline an did some test casting an i cant stand mono/coply compared to braid the cast-ability is subpar for me. 

I understand the reasoning behind using it an why most love it but who out there is using braid 80-100lbs to throw big baits without a leader an tying direct? 

Edited by Sasqwatch01

Thats good to know, i know the swimbait world has a general was of doing things or ways that work for most but i just cant see myself using this mono.

Gonna fish it for a day an see if i can get used to it or if i need to move onto 100lb braid

There is this stuff that comes in a bottle. It's called KVD Line & Lure. You should really check that out. Complaining about a libes memory is not really a legit complaint. It is literally the only aspect of a line you can make different. There is not changing a lines stretch or sensitivity as far as I know. Memory is not even a real thing. All of the best lines will have "memory" issues if you can call it that. That is just a byproduct of having a hard and dense line. The lines with excellent sensitivity and little stretch will all have bad memory.

There is this stuff that comes in a bottle. It's called KVD Line & Lure. You should really check that out. Complaining about a libes memory is not really a legit complaint. It is literally the only aspect of a line you can make different. There is not changing a lines stretch or sensitivity as far as I know. Memory is not even a real thing. All of the best lines will have "memory" issues if you can call it that. That is just a byproduct of having a hard and dense line. The lines with excellent sensitivity and little stretch will all have bad memory.

Try Blakemore as well. See what works for you. Line memory issue was solved years ago.

Good topic. I use braid exclusively for waking baits cuz I use a slack line retrieve with em. For cranking etc. I use 20 yozuri hybrid. So long as spool does not rotate while spooling, stuff never breaks, but it has cracked my two front teeth. Yes blends need to be worked out every trip tho but after a couple of casts u r usually good to go. I like line cuz it claims to be heat and sun resistant, which mono and fluoro generally r not.

Ur gunna cast ur baits right off eventually, use nothing but cortland master braid if you insist on using braid. Only stuff on the market that Ive never had issues with, and i'm throwing baits pushing 1.5 to 2 pounds with it for skis. Trust me, anything else is a waste of money and a serious risk. For the love of god don't use power pro if you're not throwing top waters that you can find once they snap off.