Big Bass

Kricketts

First, make sure you are around fish. Swimbaits are not a magic bullet that make fish jump onto your line.

Second, commit to throwing one or two proven baits in high percentage areas. Learn the nuances of each bait. How it feels when it contacts wood, rock, weeds, strikes from fish, etc.

Third, read the newb thread on here.

Fourth, read the newb thread again.

So on and so forth....

I assure u they are not throwing Swimbaits.....at least not what most of us consider Swimbaits.

Also if u are looking to turn these into tournament wins right away I would tell u it's doubtful...at least with any consistency.

I'm from Rockford not too far from you if u have questions or want to see if it's for u before you drop a lot of money

I went out on Wixom not too long ago and was talking to a guy prefishing. I caught two fish that outweighed the 5 he caught. He was floored that I was throwing 5 inch baits let alone the 250 I had tied on. They aren't throwing big baits so we're throwing something different from everyone. Being different isn't enough, find key structure on the lake and fish it. Like Speed said, swimbaits aren't a magic bullet. You're not going to catch a big fish on swimbaits if you're not fishing where the big fish are. If you want, shoot me a pm, I'm in Saginaw.

I used to mess them up on the various small lakes within "Canadian Lakes" before I moved to San Diego.  Not sure what is accessible to the public anymore but I think it's about 45 mins away from the Mt. Pleasant area if I remember correctly.  It's been a long time and at one point the Northerns started taking over and the bass pop seemed to be stunted as compared to the late 90's.  If you can get on the water over there I would assume you still have a shot at some good fish.  I never saw any other small water produce like those lakes while I was living in MI.