Best Round Reel

mbalko11

I've mostly fished big baits on Curado 301E reels but I picked up a Calcutta Conquest 401 this winter and I really like it. That thing is SOLID. I don't have particularly big hands and it is still very comfortable to use.

i love round reels cuz i did concrete for a long time and they help my hands not hurt. not too i like still in production tho. Best I've used are the TEs and Millionaires. Lunas are good but if i went that route id run some upgrades. TEs are hard to beat

I have been spooked by higher end options with many surprisingly having some plastic gearing. I would utube a breakdown of reel before buying...

You have to understand why they are there. They are present in far more reels than you'd expect. If they aren't and your finger gets stuck in the level wind, goodbye finger. 

I will mirror what most are already saying with the TE/Conquest line. VERY solid reels, and built to last. The new conquests have some nice upgrades over the previous model as well, and look to be a nice alternative to its predecessor. Shrapnel is a great choice too, as well as the pluton/ryoga line. 

Every reel has it's pitfall for sure. Find a few different people who have some different choices, and see if they'd let you try em out. You won't truly know what you like until it's in your hands. 

Geoff

You have to understand why they are there. They are present in far more reels than you'd expect. If they aren't and your finger gets stuck in the level wind, goodbye finger. 

Geoff

I get that in field i try buds and luv em but then see some harsh online reviews. That makes me hesitate taking that next step.