Hey folks, what's the deal?

fishaholic211

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Speed...,

"I just went back and looked, he was offered the deal of a lifetime.

Spooky offered him a damn FREE wake jr that he either turned down or didnt pay attention to.

I smell something shitty."

That is so generous and awesome of you Spooky! --R

Threads like these don't do much to improve the reputation of 3:16 swimbaits. The few haters (your label, not mine) out there say they are quality baits, but don't produce numbers or quality of fish as other swimbaits. When you read through this thread, stuff like the paint job, built quality and customer service are promoted above the catch rate, much to the bemused disbelief of the haters. Build quality and all is nice to have, but it shouldn't be the reason you're paying for a lure. You should buy it because it gets bit. Period.

Just an observation, from someone who enjoys fishing 3:16 lures and has caught several DD fish on them.

Threads like these don't do much to improve the reputation of 3:16 swimbaits. The few haters (your label, not mine) out there say they are quality baits, but don't produce numbers or quality of fish as other swimbaits. When you read through this thread, stuff like the paint job, built quality and customer service are promoted above the catch rate, much to the bemused disbelief of the haters. Build quality and all is nice to have, but it shouldn't be the reason you're paying for a lure. You should buy it because it gets bit. Period.

^THIS. Spot on. Silence is golden in cases like this, let the baits do what they were intended for and speak for themselves. Screw the politics, @ss kissing and tough guy ish. Gotta comend the loyalty around here though. Truly. Carry on fellas!

I want to see some of Nico's pics!! Throw us a bone.. or a teener!

I posted a few photos with teener swimbait fish in the 2011 year in photos thread on not allowed. Too much fun with stripers, tournaments and regular fishing to make it a very productive swimbait year, though :-)

Personally, I would like to have a bait that gets bit and will last me a long time. Who wouldn't? I would rather pay $100+ for one good bait with a good build quality than buying 5 baits, knowing only of them will swim true. I've had my armageddon for 3 years, caught several DD's on it, lost a couple of teeners, lost a 20+ lb cat, probably caught 50+ smaller fish, hit docks here and there and it still looks like it's only a few months old.

I don't consider myself as an expert, but in my humble opinion, if you take out perseverance, drive and confidence, fishing for big fish is relatively "easy". That's why everyone single one of you who are catching DD bass is hiding their bite. There are exceptions of course but if you know where the big bass are at, it's all about finding the right tool to put right in front of their faces. I would rather have that tool to be as durable as can be.

But I'm biased so don't listen to me. ;)