10inch Hudd updates?

Danny C.

If hundreds of people asked for a refund, they would get the point. I don't see that happening, but I have done so. Still no reply. Surprise.

If you payed with paypal could you dispute it? I didn't get in on the preorder, but I am curious giving the recent reports of their customer service.

Man, I know how it goes for small guys making baits and working a regular job. Life can throw a curveball, usually does, and cause some delays. But i cant imagine having the opportunity to make baits as a living, a really good one at that, and just throw caution and customers to the wind. Dude has innovated so much, got support from so many longstanding customers, and now he is dragging his own name through the mud. For what? Its kinda wild to me. Then i read someone got blocked from ordering after they cancelled their order? WOW. What a waste. Hope they enjoy their downward spiral over at Huddbaits.joke

I talked to Ken yesterday for awhile. He said he is trying his hardest to get the final product in order and has had some issues with paint. Doesn't make sense to me as it seems as if it would be the same process as for the 8" trouts but I'm not the mastermind behind the bait making process. He may have meant that the paint process is very time consuming considering the amount of orders. From what I got out of the conversation is that he doesn't want to just send baits out that are not to proper standards and have quality control issues, which is understandable. I do agree that he has what it seems jumped the gun on this one but in the same sense he believes in a quality product which I respect. I asked about the molds and proto testing and he said that they are dialed in and swim nicely. He did mention some other things that I will keep to myself but it has nothing to do with the 10" Hudd. Long story short. They should be near ready to start shipping very soon. I personally don't care when I get mine as long as it's before November. They would just be collecting dust in the meantime. Dude should have made the release late summer so they would have been ready for this last winter stockings. He did not give an exact ETA. But hinted that it should be Within the next week or two when orders should start to ship.

I talked to Ken yesterday for awhile. He said he is trying his hardest to get the final product in order and has had some issues with paint. Doesn't make sense to me as it seems as if it would be the same process as for the 8" trouts but I'm not the mastermind behind the bait making process. He may have meant that the paint process is very time consuming considering the amount of orders. From what I got out of the conversation is that he doesn't want to just send baits out that are not to proper standards and have quality control issues, which is understandable. I do agree that he has what it seems jumped the gun on this one but in the same sense he believes in a quality product which I respect. I asked about the molds and proto testing and he said that they are dialed in and swim nicely. He did mention some other things that I will keep to myself but it has nothing to do with the 10" Hudd. Long story short. They should be near ready to start shipping very soon. I personally don't care when I get mine as long as it's before November. They would just be collecting dust in the meantime. Dude should have made the release late summer so they would have been ready for this last winter stockings. He did not give an exact ETA. But hinted that it should be Within the next week or two when orders should start to ship.

But why can't he tell his customers this...and why are his employees so f'n rude...the bait is not as much issue as the lack of communication and our customer service...if you can get him on the phone...these are the issues that need to be addressed...most guys will ultimately wait...like LDC,Hinkle,HPH...we all wait and get dicked around for release dates...and nobody but the inner circle gets any info...fix the communication and we'll wait

haha To make a softbait like that is pretty involved. But thanks! LOL. What i dont really get is the process should be pretty much the same. Even if isnt, wouldnt you get the kinks worked out before offering a pre order? Also, if its taking long than expected, work longer hours or get more help. I ran a concrete company for many years, sometimes jobs didnt go as planned but we always made it right, even at a loss. And I REALLY dont think hes worried about quality control issues after that gill release. But heck , who knows. His stuff is super innovative, that 8" weedless is a bad a$$ design to me. Hope it turns around with those guys

haha To make a softbait like that is pretty involved. But thanks! LOL. What i dont really get is the process should be pretty much the same. Even if isnt, wouldnt you get the kinks worked out before offering a pre order? Also, if its taking long than expected, work longer hours or get more help. I ran a concrete company for many years, sometimes jobs didnt go as planned but we always made it right, even at a loss. And I REALLY dont think hes worried about quality control issues after that gill release. But heck , who knows. His stuff is super innovative, that 8" weedless is a bad a$$ design to me. Hope it turns around with those guys

Quality control, seriously? He's wasn't too concerned with quality control on the gills.

Insert sarcasm. Pretty sure that was Ceaser's point. He's not worried about quality control after so many people had issues with them. 

I just unwrapped a brand new 68 a few days ago only to find that the soft plastic over the foam harness was barely thick enough to cover the foam, i'll probably get a fish or two out of it before it tears off completely.  ridiculous that he has no quality control, my other 68s have all been fine.  generally i'd just contact the manufacturer but we all know where that would get me.