Better Business Bureau - Huddleston

nadinesmom

Today while once again attempting to fish one of my hudd gills I decided that just complaining about it swimming sideways wasn't getting anyone anywhere.  I decided that it might be worth posting on here to remind everyone that we have the right to file a complaint with the better business bureau about bad business practices, seldom do people take advantage of this resource but it really is worth it in cases like this where Ken sent out defective products and has refused to even have a conversation with customers about getting refunded.  If you have a few minutes it is worth it to lodge a formal complaint if you believe you have been affected by poor business practices/ethics.

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

it will ask for ken's info which is:

Huddleston Deluxe, Inc.

6965 Speedway Blvd. X101
Las Vegas, NV. 89115

I'm in no way encouraging anyone to report anything unless you truly had a problem with this company that went unresolved. 

Also please don't start flaming in this post as the mods will lock it up right away.  Now mods, please don't lock this up as I believe all of the members of your forum have the right to at least file complaints against companies with poor business practices.  Haters hate away but what Ken did was wrong, he took money from a lot of people and delivered a product that was not as described.  I'm in about $300 to him for hudd gills, about half of those are defective.  Would you accept a defective slide swimmer from deps?  or a defective reel from shimano?

I bought a lot of 5 off of here...some were new in pack...the open two were garbage...I used the other three "nip" with the same poor results...I didn't buy then direct from Huddleston or try and have them exchanged...I don't feel I can report him but I would encourage anyone who has dealt direct with Huddleston and had either defective baits or poor customer service from employees re the 10" preorder to do something...maybe it'll help maybe it won't but in my line of industry if I fail to deliver as he constantly does I'd be done quick...it's really unacceptable

were people only having trouble with the ROF 5 hudd gills or were people having issues with the ROF 12's too?

Honestly I don't remember what all mine were...but regardless if 5 of 5 in either sink rate were bad...it's too much

were people only having trouble with the ROF 5 hudd gills or were people having issues with the ROF 12's too?

I bought 4 Rof 12 and I only tried one of them. It ran on its side. I tried adjusting by bending the internal weight. That didn't work. That was my last experience with Huddleston.

Just an FYI. The Better Business Bureau is not actually a government organization.  All they do after receiving a complaint about a company is attempt to get the business to register (pay) with the BBB to get accredited.  I've dealt with them on both the consumer and business end. 

If complaining to Huddleston didn't help, a complaint to the BBB probably won't either.

Just an FYI. The Better Business Bureau is not actually a government organization. All they do after receiving a complaint about a company is attempt to get the business to register (pay) with the BBB to get accredited. I've dealt with them on both the consumer and business end.

If complaining to Huddleston didn't help, a complaint to the BBB probably won't either.

Yelp! Lmao...it def won't help...but something should be done or customers will keep getting hosed forever...

I bought a bunch of the ROF 5 gills with the first release and had similar issues as everyone else.   I guess I had another lack of judgement and bought a bunch of the ROF 0 gills with the 2nd release, the video made it look so easy to tune from a side floater to an upright floater to a SS, even gave you exact weights to use to make the conversions, I have never been able to reproduce any of the tuning shown in the video, every couple months I look at the pile of baits and try again, no luck.  

Edited by dmayer88

Is there any way that the packaging plays a part in some of these baits not running true? Or is it that he's just trying to keep up with demand and the QC isn't what it was before?  I notice the local store here hanging these baits and the tails are all bunched up and they do the same thing with the Ospreys...I have told them not to hang those baits like that but they won't listen to me. I'm not trying to make excuses for the man but just wondering if better, tighter packing could help keep these baits straight from the beginning?  I hate it..I take them out immediately and hang them on my board when I get home..they aren't staying in that package.