Recipe/Cooking Thread

SPEEDBEAD

I hereby nominate Shinner to get the special SU champion avatar in the food division, with Darth also worthy of such distinction :lol:

Don't hate the plate.. hate the bait..

:lol::lol: Maybe we can get some SU aprons made up with the next gear order

I hereby nominate Shinner to get the special SU champion avatar in the food division, with Darth also worthy of such distinction :lol:

Don't hate the plate.. hate the bait..

:lol::lol: Maybe we can get some SU aprons made up with the next gear order

LOL..... maybe if I host a back yard BBQ for the bait heads I will get one made up...

That would be funny....Ok, this is simple, but everybody always wants me to make these instead of themselves :

Get About 22 Jalapenos( I love living around the brown people, because their stores sell them for cheap)

1 pound of Farmer John Breakfast Sausage( I buy the rolls )

1 Bar of cream cheese ( think its 8 oz)

1 bag of Parmesan Cheese ( not sure on how many oz)

Soften Cream Cheese, Cut Jalapenos in half and seed (I'm loco and do this without gloves most of the time, beware of itching certain places :shock: ), Cook Sausage or bacon in a pan, with the sausage cook it like you were making tacos or sloppy Joe's, break up Bacon into bits, crumble it, etc), mix cream cheese, parmesan, and bacon or sausage together until mixed good, stuff into Jalapenos, cook for about 20 minutes at 400°, BOOM!!! Stuffed Jalapenos!!

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4096 ... 115606.jpg

I'll smoke anything if I think it will taste good. lol. I do a lot of trout, kokanne salmon, tri tip, chicken and ribs. Havn't done any shrimp yet and the eels I save for sturgeon bait. lol

Took me a long time to get consistent with a smoker. For me the trick was getting an electric one with a thermostat. Smokers are kind of like swimbait gear, spend the money up front and only buy once.

After seeing fishnmikes chicken, had to throw this one out on "Beer can chicken"

Drink half the can of Guinness or beer. Flavour the Guinness in the tin with a bay leaf and add fresh garlic. Wash the chicken and remove the string.

Place the can in to the stand, trim any excess skin from the chicken and open enough to accept the can.

Slip the chicken over the can and plug the top with an onion.

Try curry powder to flavour the beer, cola or your favourite soft drink in a can works too.

1 Beer can chicken stand

1 3lb chicken

1 can of Guinness

1 Onion

Fresh Garlic

Pepper

Tarragon

Bay Leaf

Season the chicken with a light garlic, pepper and tarragon rub.

Place the chicken on the barbecue using the indirect cooking method for approximately 2 hours or until the juices run clear when pierced with a long fork.

If you try this once, you'll try it again!

After seeing fishnmikes chicken, had to throw this one out on "Beer can chicken"

Nice one Grizz and its pretty healthy.. As for the TaraGone do you put that on the chicken or in the beer like the bay leaf? Never thought of using it before on the BCC

Taragone goes on the chicken, but if you dont like taragone like some people do, try this rub......

2 teaspoons lemon pepper

2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons garlic salt

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I'll do as many as 6-8 3lb chickens at at time when having friends and family over for BBQ

2-3 of those chickens i'll do without the taragone.

Taragone goes on the chicken, but if you dont like taragone like some people do, try this rub......

2 teaspoons lemon pepper

2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons garlic salt

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I'll do as many as 6-8 3lb chickens at at time when having friends and family over for BBQ

2-3 of those chickens i'll do without the taragone.

Very nice... I like to use Course Ground Kosher salt (liberally) and just use Garlic Powder instead of Garlic Salt as they use the cheap table salt in that mix.

Actually I found a great flavor by mixing freeze dried garlic chunks with whole tellicherry peppers and putting them in a grinder that I can adjust to a course grind. (Kicks ass on steaks, chops, ribs etc. )

Also I like to Add Onion Powder and Colmens Powdered Mustard...

Here is the grinder's I like.. I had them put a red band on one so I can tell it from the regular Black pepper corns..

http://www.unicornmills.com/index.cfm?f ... tegoryID=1