Bass that eat other Bass

WCswimbaiting

Whether it's territorial or because they actually want to feed what does it matter? As long as they get the hooks I don't care! 

I had a fish tank when I was younger that I kept a 2 pound bass in for a while. I would feed it 5-6 inch baby bass all the time. Once it got hungry enough, it would go for it. If there had been other fish in there, like shad, it probably would have eaten those first because of the lack of the dorsal spines. 

Caught several smallies yesterday on a bass glide. Nothing big, but they were probably hitting it because it was in their territory. They got the hook, what does it matter?

post-17946-0-99796200-1473535081_thumb.jpg

Deltaman, What bass glide is that? Looks amazing, I assume you mean smallies by small fish? that pictured fish looks like a largie to me, or I'm insane, then again I've never caught a Smallie

He makes that bait himself..go look thru the grass roots..and there are small mouth in the delta..

Edited by BigSlant

Deltaman, What bass glide is that? Looks amazing, I assume you mean smallies by small fish? that pictured fish looks like a largie to me, or I'm insane, then again I've never caught a Smallie

It's my own glide. And no, I don't just mean smallies when I say small fish. I've caught so many fish the same size as the bait, it's stupid. The picture is indeed a smallmouth. A small smallmouth. lol

Edited by Deltaman

post-27526-0-04288300-1474334606_thumb.jpegpost-27526-0-14209200-1474334621_thumb.jpegpost-27526-0-26881900-1474334647_thumb.jpeg

While I was out tonight I was thinking... What are the chances that a bass doesn't necessarily see a "bass" paint job as another bass, but just another perch/gill/shiner/shad/trout that can fit in its mouth? I've never really been one to think that color was completely make or break... Especially at night.