Finally

YELOSUB

Got my first Rat fish! It wasn't big but it was fun...Jon (jcolo4sho) and I hit the lake and as soon as the sun started it's downward decent I started throwing the Johnny Rat...I have been telling myself I'm gonna catch one on a rat if it's the last thing I do...Well I finally popped my cherry on a little chunk...Sure felt good to check that off my list...That was the only hit I had on it and he was hooked good with those damn quad hooks, he wasn't going anywhere...As soon as it got dark I picked up my old faithful California Swimjig and in my 2nd cast I stuck a decent one that was just shy of 6#...About 20 minutes later I catch a smaller one on the swimjig...Then Jon sticks one just shy of 5# on the Slammer...We were thinking man it's a full moon and we are gonna kill them...Well it didn't pan out quite like that but it was a beautiful night...Thanks Jon for coming along, we had a good time as always bud! Here are the pics:

post-23017-0-07205500-1474134307_thumb.jpg

My fish is on the right, Jon's is on the left...Jon was camera shy, might have been the beer he was drinking...Oh wait, maybe it was the whiskey :)

post-23017-0-65039200-1474134461_thumb.jpg

Edited by YELOSUB

Oh I love the rat, it sounds awesome and looks great coming through the water...I just hadn't been bit on it till yesterday so I kept telling myself you gotta throw it and pop that cherry! I like taking a bait that I have never caught a fish on and dedicate time on it until I do and then build confidence...

• 4 weeks later...