Got out for a bit

Noreaster603

that is sounds advice. I honestly hadnt realized this until this experience.

I have a story about this. Real Prey's bud once posted he was selling a bunch of old rods he made but pick up only. He was not close but prices were great for custom work. I took all of my reels to meet him. One particular reel seat did not fit right. I did not buy it. Next time I fished with him he changed the reel seat and that rod is still my all time fav. Going custom is the way to go if you can do it some guys follow all of the blanks being made....I own 5 of his rods and his hudd rod is a close second. Edited by bigpoppabass

The graphite series rods are an ok blank, but the extras on it are garbage. I used to work at bps in Foxboro and we had just about half the graphite series we sold get returned for crap components. That being said I've owned 3, broke one by overloading it, had one that had all the guide inserts falling out (4-10oz), and one that was absolutely perfect. I got them with my discount,so even if I had to replace the guides it was still almost worth it. But I would never pay full price for one, and never recommended them to someone who was planning on more than "taking the kids fishing"

If I were you, I'd return it and spend the extra cash to get one of the new johnny Morris swimbait rods. 7-11 1-4 oz I think. They feel way higher quality and would definitely fit with your ambassadeur.

• 2 months later...

There is the small difference in length (7'9" compared to 8'0") but the main differences are 806 is a heavier action and more expensive. I have the 795 and its rated 1-5oz but once you get to 4oz, it feels maxed out in my opinion. The 806 should be rated for 2-8oz lures. Also, the Fury series is the economy line and can be found for less than $100 a lot of the time. If you're throwing smaller/lighter baits (< 4oz) I think the Fury 795 is tough to beat.