Nolan Aker

putting together a basic swimbait arsenal, and want to know if you guys have preference for one? I like the shine glide because the 7 inch is almost half the price of a 200 size s waver, and I like the golden shiner pattern (MN fisherman so main forage is shiners, perch, and gills) since I'll already have a hudd in perch, but I hear a lot of good things about the s waver. What do you guys think?

I stopped using the s-waver a little after the 200's came out but they are killer baits. Caught a lot of fish on it. can't say the same for the shine glide because I haven't use any. But if you can, get both and see which one works for you.

Edited by Rogervang

If it was me I would put a wtb add on the black market and I would guess you could prob get both for near the price of 1 new on there.

I have seen more fish caught on the 200 then the shine glide but I have both and done decent on both of them. I typically only fish them in waters filled with pike where I'm too nervous to loose or wreck higher end baits.

I stopped using the s-waver a little after the 200's came out but they are killer baits. Caught a lot of fish on it. can't say the same for the shine glide because I haven't use any. But if you can, get both and see which one works for you.

that's the plan at this point. putting together shopping list for black friday (assuming things will be on sale) and after christmas.

If it was me I would put a wtb add on the black market and I would guess you could prob get both for near the price of 1 new on there.

I have seen more fish caught on the 200 then the shine glide but I have both and done decent on both of them. I typically only fish them in waters filled with pike where I'm too nervous to loose or wreck higher end baits.

every minnesota lake has pike basically so I'm gonna be using heavy duty flouro leaders

every minnesota lake has pike basically so I'm gonna be using heavy duty flouro leaders

No matter what, using a heavy leader of any sort is going to hinder the action of a glide bait.  You either have to play it safe and sacrifice the lures true potential using leaders or you fish them as intended and risk the bite offs.  I fish similar waters and I play both sides.  You just need to pick and choose your battles.  

No matter what, using a heavy leader of any sort is going to hinder the action of a glide bait.  You either have to play it safe and sacrifice the lures true potential using leaders or you fish them as intended and risk the bite offs.  I fish similar waters and I play both sides.  You just need to pick and choose your battles.  

I found tthis video, and plan to do my leaders as shown. Not sure if it will make a difference than a normal one. Ill probably end up experimenting with all 3 options.