Backpack/fishing bag

Topwaterjustin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good topic. They have great bag designs out there and the reason single shoulder strap bags are still a good choice is the inability of anyone to come up with a tough zipper. Been through many well designed bags and zippers never hold up even tho I baby em with wd40 when they dry out or get crunchy. Zippers just can't handle the sun and water exposure imo. And double strap bags depend even more on a zipper making em a poor choice.

Kifaru

Triple Aught Design

Mystery Ranch

Arcteryx 

Camelbak (one of my favorites, hawg military) I use for river fishing.

Tom Bihn

Goruck

Topo Designs 

Hill People Gear

These are the the top few that I like....

Hey Flexxx! Didn't know you were over here, seen you on the esee forum, got a strop or two of yours.

I will echo flex's brands, all of those will last you a lifetime, but will say that few of those packs work great with 3700 boxes. I have been using a Maxpedition pygmy falcon with two 3700 boxes lied vertically. Not the best setup for big softbaits, but it's bombproof and does what I need.

I only fish from the bank. I use a waist pack, where I have a couple bigger baits and some smaller baits (I usually put in there the baits I'm planning to fish first), my digital scale, tape measure, camera and hooks/sinkers. This way I have quick access to all those items. Then I have a backpack where I have the other big baits or other baits that don't fit in the waist pack, some food, water, etc... I never take a lot of baits with me. Just a couple baits for each depth or situation. At the middle of the day, if there are baits in my waist pack that I'm no longer planning to fish that day I put them in the back pack and replace them with baits that are in the backpack and I want to use later in the day.

Edited by mcaetano2905

i don't carry a bunch of baits when i walk the shore, i use bait wraps and envelopes that don't take up much space. just found this Milwaukee bag at home depot. stands up, hard plastic bottom, and has enough storage for me.keps tools organized. pretty dope. its like 70$ and seems like it will last forever

post-18401-0-47318300-1485285609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ceaser