Round or low-profile?

MassBass320v

I fish round and low profile and I like them both... I can't really think of any cons it's just all about personal preference... I'd say get one... can't go wrong with a curado 300 or the new 13 A3

How is the A3 with line capacity? I am considering it when I upgrade my setup next year and would probably spool up with 20 or 25lb P-Line PF. 

Edited by NEbucketmouth19

I've always stuck with round because of line capacity, on a long cast my retrieve speed will be the same as it is 10' from my rod tip, so there is no guessing. Some low profiles will dump half a spool on a long cast and your retrieve gradually gets faster as you reel if you are winding at the same speed the whole time.

How is the A3 with line capacity? I am considering it when I upgrade my setup next year and would probably spool up with 20 or 25lb P-Line PF.

I run 25 pline CXX and the capacity seems to be ok... I feel like it doesn't hold as much line as my curado 300 but don't quote me on that... I haven't fished it much I just got it... it's been pouring rain here on the central coast so I haven't been fishing much the last month.

Exactly why I stopped using them..

Along with the fact that low profiles feel better in my palm..

Bruh.... It don't even get cold in socal   :-D  Insert sarcasm!!!!  I'm on a roll today!

Edited by Nufo

I have fished everything and always go back to round reels.  400 size capacity is crucial when throwing big baits for big fish.  every time I fish 300 sized reels I end up regretting it.  

At the end of the cast on a 300 size reel, the spool diameter is decreased by so mach that it makes the gear ratio very slow and it will result in  a lot of lost fish.  The bigger the baits you throw and the bigger the fish are, magnify this flaw.

Edited by Nufo