Go to lure retriever for big baits?

natalex85

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232167614778?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yeah, I ordered this the night after I lost a $120 bait. My first loss of a bait that expensive. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm confident it will do the job when needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232167614778?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yeah, I ordered this the night after I lost a $120 bait. My first loss of a bait that expensive. I haven't had to use it yet, but I'm confident it will do the job when needed.

If the temp would approve I would of dove in and follow my line to the bait. Done it before. But I could understand if its line 20+ ft down and/or freezing. Sucks to lose something even over $30 bucks.

I bought this one ~6 months ago. I just assumed it would be rough around the edges for $20, but it's solid. No idea how the guy makes any money off of them.

I went to Wally World and got a rope for like $2. Been perfect so far.

I also bought a money pole, which extends to ~15 feet, I think. It's a great one-two combo

There's a musky lure retriever on eBay that a few of us use. It's 20 bucks and pretty easy to find

SWAT team should start looking into those to use as a compacted battering ram. If that thing wouldn't jar your lure loose idk what would.

The two I use is a .44mag and the dot line telescoping retiriever both work very well.

.44 mag was awesome, I lost mine. Unfortunately the guy who made them has taken a break because he lost his shop to a tornado ND had a death in the family. If memory serves me right though he wanted to back up and going by end of spring. The one on ebay I have now and it really can't be beat for $20

• 4 months later...

They need one to find baits when you cast them off. This year sucks for me, as I casted off a 3:16 gill, hph prototype glide that I got my DD on, and a billed slow sink shell cracker.

Rare Earth magnets on the end of some Paracord and drag all over the area. My buddy has a system that has a few dangling that looks like a drag chain setup, only with magnets. I'll see if I can find a picture.