ABT Lures Consensus???

whompuscat658

As of right now I've found a few people who recommend them here and there but that can be said for any lure. They're expensive so I'd like to make sure they're legit as far as quality. If anyone has any anecdotes regarding such things id appreciate them.

Thanks

Forgive me if this has been discussed but what's the consensus with ABT lures? Speocifally, I'm looking at the glide in 7in.

Hey Charles,, I recently picked up a 9" suicide in a hitch looking color. So far have only swam test it, but I guarantee its gonna produce. I think it's a well made bait with great action and sink rate is perfect. As far as "throwing your money away", that's how I feel about sitting on a Hinkle wait list going on well over a year now... 

I'll prob be picking up a 7" hitch ABT soon, and it'll be here overnight from TW

I had a 9in. I sold it on here. It was a good bait for sure I just didn't use it much. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I wanted a good glide that is better than a swaver but not quite a deps. As for it being a knockoff, I don't get 8nto all that. If a bait will produce and I can get it, I'm going to get it.

I bought an ABT Suicide Glide before learning about all of the controversy with the company. I'll leave that discussion for other threads. Speaking specifically to the bait, mine has a great action. Very smooth glide and a good sink rate. I've caught a bunch of magnum smallmouth on it, and have had no issues. It's a sample size of 1, but I was pleased with the purchase. 

You can read all about the highly polarizing topic of the ethics of ABT on various previous threads, then decide if you want to buy their products or not. There's no shortage of opinions there. I'll just say that the Suicide Glide I bought performs well, and it sits at a nice price point between an S-Waver 200 and a Deps 175 or 250. I do not regret the purchase. It's a nice glide bait that regularly sees action in my rotation, especially in the mid to late spring time.