Chasing "THE" big one

GoblinSlayer

Has anybody on here actually chased a "single " particular fish in a big body of water? I have 4 big lakes near me each less than a 10 min drive away from my home. I only fish one. And that one people dont know whats actually in it size wise except a few of us and we're very tight lipped about it. Saying that i have my milk runs when i go fishing and hit different spots that hold a "particular" fish that im actually after. I fish mostly from shore dor bass, but every now and then ill pull the paddle board out and chase big hybrids and not bass. This one bass ive been keying on was the biggest ive seen and heard - sad to say somebody finally landed her 1st. She was 14.4lbs. She sounds like a brick falling out of the sky when she comes out and jumps. I spotted her in the mid day a few yrs ago but wasnt never able to land her. She was in a very hard spot to access and ive figured the location was pretty hidden for somebody else to find. Anyways just wondered if anybody else obsessed over a single fish and chased after it.

No. In general I'm just chasing the fish of a lifetime, but I've never gone to a lake or pond and thought "man I gotta catch that one giant I saw 3 months ago".

I hike my dogs at least 3-5 miles in the earlie mornings now instead of fishing at least twice a week. No that being said i always pay attention to the water and whats going around it. If a big female makes a show we"ll stick around and keep watching and try to gauge how big she is ans whats shes actually eating. Sometimes there just hanging near the shore line just chillin out or sometimes 50yrds out busting shad. So i come back that same time the following days, wks, months and even yrs and still see them sometimes- until somebody catches and eats one or has it mounted i guess. That 14.4 was released btw :)

I use a "milk run" method as well, and have never really targeted ONE Bass in a lake.

My experience in San Diego area is the bigger Bass like to hang in certain areas, however they seem to move in these said areas, such as points with weed cover. I could be wrong, but that seems to be my experience.

Would be cool to find a big bass home and target it. If I knew they were making some particular Place a home, I definitely would

I do.

I've seen her 4 times following baits back to the boat. Same area, definitely same fish. We dedicate time during each trip to throwing at her during what we feel is peak feeding time.

I've seen enough "big" fish to know this one is special. She'll slip up one day.

I've got a spot where I catch most of my big fish, but a couple times I have seen a fish that stands out from the rest. I've only been able to get her to lazily follow my baits from a couple feet back then turn around and leave. Like stated above, one day she will make a mistake and I'll be ready.

There's a dock at my home lake, very long one in a corner, that sits at the start of a transition to deeper water. It also sits at the start of the main weedline that runs the length of the side of the lake. It has a boat lift on one side, and the neighbor dock protects the other side. There are anchor ropes, chains, and typically float toys everywhere, that make casting to it a challenge to say the very least. 

Because of the protection and the location... it houses some of the biggest bass on the lake, and I fish it extensively every time. Couple years back, I saw the alpha in there, and had her knock a wake junior out of the water like a great white hits seals. I am 100% sure it's a DD. My first fish of the year this season came out from under this dock, and I was SURE I finally had her. Not yet... but next time. 

Most of these spots are their home in the summer time. Some of these spots i find are there afternoon/ night ambush routs they travel on, another spot is a complete ambush spot durring the heat of the day. Now right before spawning the biggest and baddest ladys move up into a dried up river bed when the water fills in. There might be a few wk period where theyll be there and then gone as soon as they came before everything else comes in. I hooked into the biggest sal ive seen and lost her when she jumped- now what part of the lake she originated from,,,idk? And i wonder still. Before spring and into spawining their not in the main lake no more,,, unless theres prime spots in near the deep but if thats the case ide never see em jump and two the beds would be too deep to actually be sucessful for a proper hatch

I've seen her in a very obvious spot, people rape that spot 24 7 but have no idea she's there. Trout fed every year so not losing weight any time soon. She's gorgeous, bright green, oh and she's pushing the 20lb mark Forsure. I WILL catch her one day... somehow.

Most of these spots are their home in the summer time. Some of these spots i find are there afternoon/ night ambush routs they travel on, another spot is a complete ambush spot durring the heat of the day. Now right before spawning the biggest and baddest ladys move up into a dried up river bed when the water fills in. There might be a few wk period where theyll be there and then gone as soon as they came before everything else comes in. I hooked into the biggest sal ive seen and lost her when she jumped- now what part of the lake she originated from,,,idk? And i wonder still. Before spring and into spawining their not in the main lake no more,,, unless theres prime spots in near the deep but if thats the case ide never see em jump and two the beds would be too deep to actually be sucessful for a proper hatch

I've read this a dozen times pleeeease elaborate further if you don't mind.

Well let me see here, i cant get toooooo elabotare on my post. I know of at least two people on this forum that fishes this lake and there is more- im sure and that wouldnt be nice of me to do. I think having a knowedge of the lake can help make or break the day on a good solid trophy, especially knowing where a Trophy fish is. I remember how stoked i was when i got a old map of the lake before it was even built and may i say is wow somethings look identical and something are way different. Seeing the old road beds, ledges, drop offs points and different coves is amazing putting it to use. When i go to the lake and cast blindly hoping for something good might get my lure i loose all motivation quickly and want to pack up, vs i seen this giant, i want this giant, i need to land this giant,,,,and i stall all day and night or whatever it takes. I obsess over 1 fish a( particular one )that i seen with my own eyes.