Solid Weekend

North GA Hillbilly

Headed out again this weekend with my main fishin buddy. Went to two different public lakes, one of which was mainly a scouting trip, the other was to get to some fishing. Scouting lake looks pretty good, looking forward to getting in there soon.

Now it was time to start fishin, several hours in and he had snagged a real pretty 9# and I had missed two bites, same fish I think.

Little while later I make a real long cast, let it sink for 30 seconds or more, then started pullin it back in. Small bump in the beginning, then about 12 ft off of the bank, which is a real quick ledge, the bait just stops. After a real brief fight, glad im comfortable and confident in my gear, I have this at my feet:

13b1.jpg

13b2.jpg

She went 13.5#. 26" long and 21" around. Given a month or so she would have been slap full of eggs, and I have no doubt 15#. She is happily swimmin around again, after a pretty dramatic splashing farewell.

Needless to say, this was a killer day. I think there's another bigger one in there, were going to do our best to find her before too long.

NGaHB