Which Line?

James john

Nothing's gonna guarantee that you won't lose it but I would trust 20 lb seaguar invisX or abrazX. Even 15 lb might be fine and might help the action a bit but 20 would be a little more confidence inspiring. Good luck!

I personally like co-poly. PLine PF original in 20lbs for pretty much all my baits (don't throw anything over 6ozs really).

It has good stretch, pretty abrasion resistant, and I feel like it's Sink is a sweet in-between for both Floating and sinking baits.

It's a good "all-around" line.

If I'm targeting deep water for sure, then I'll throw on some Floro, but that's only if I know for certain I'm going 25+ft deep for the day.

I usually up to 25lbs for Floro since it seems a lot more sensitive to kinks and nicks in the line and will break with pretty minimal abrasion in my experience.

Experiment with some different line to get a good feel in how it affects your style of fishing.

I've been using 20lb CXX for baits up to 4ish oz's, have had no issues, I also like 65 braid for some applications mainly topwater, easier to work some baits imo, thoughhhh you can really drive a top hook bait home with braid haha...