Custom bait frustrations

Mountainryan

I'm at a point where customer service is almost important as the bait. Can't respond to a text or PM in a reasonable amount of time? No thanks. 2 year wait? No thanks. But seriously those guys who's customer service is good are invaluable. I seen Scott from TT mentioned a few times. Emailed him about a bait last week, immediate response. Said he's make it for me as if he was making it for himself. This guy will continue to get my money. Waiting periods are understandable as long as there is communication. To completely flake out and just forget is not

Edited by Willluvstafish

Very popular lures makers should just make a batch and put them up for sale as first come, first serve. When they are gone, they are gone until the next batch is finished and up for sale. I'm talking about guys who make just one or two models. Prolly couldn't do this for someone with a wide range of lures. 

Hiroshima is the most reliable I've done business with so far. Brock is a good guy. 

Scott from TT is top notch, every order I've had for custom stuff has always been in reasonable time, paid at shipping, and baits always came as ordered and even a little extra sometimes. Also had good transactions with Mike Shaw with MS Slammers, and ofcourse like the way Mickey at 3;16 always comes through with his stuff. El ratons I also meet up with the maker and pay when the baits are ready.

These are pretty much the guys I deal with direct. Otherwise, I purchase through Last Chance or The Hook Up Tackle and have had good service.

I would definitely speak the names of the sketchy bait makers so that people would know which makers are pulling people's strings.

It was my beast Bluegill. He asked for a half eaten dead blood and I dropped the ball on it because I just had the natural color stuck in my mind. . Showed a pic of that bait before I shipped and you did ask where the blood was and I did say orders had been weighing on me but I was already cleared.. Been dealing a concussion and lump behind My ear because of it, X-rays, MRI's, PT on my neck. Maybe I took on too much after an injury. I can refund you for the return or paint this beast I have exactly how you wanted then swap it for that one.

Like always you can email or message and I'll reply every single time.

It was my beast Bluegill. He asked for a half eaten dead blood and I dropped the ball on it because I just had the natural color stuck in my mind. . Showed a pic of that bait before I shipped and you did ask where the blood was and I did say orders had been weighing on me but I was already cleared.. Been dealing a concussion and lump behind My ear because of it, X-rays, MRI's, PT on my neck. Maybe I took on too much after an injury. I can refund you for the return or paint this beast I have exactly how you wanted then swap it for that one.

Like always you can email or message and I'll reply every single time.

That's what's up. Savage honestly. Love it

When, or more likely "if" you finally do get the bait you prepaid for a year or two ago, you almost have to hope you don't even like the f*cking thing, cause gawd forbid you lose it and need another, or just want a backup. I'm DONE with a lot of the baits out there and their sh*t head makers, been done, and let me tell you, zero stress, and I'm still catching fish as I've always managed to do before trying to get a bait based more on hype than actual quality. The struggle is definitely real

I prepaid as part of a group for a Hinkle and waited 1 year.. I didn't bother him or ask when.. then I Just got tired of waiting and sold my spot for retail..i think that dude is still waiting..then i came across one for almost double retail and it was a better decision to just buy it.. I've since forgotten about the extra money it cost.. honestly don't mind some inflated prices if I can have a bait right away

As you can see all has been made right. I didn't ask. He even offer d just to send me another bait but I don't need both so I'm sending the other back. The drift is rad. I knew he was dealing with health stuff so I did not want to throw his name out there. Thanks pizz.

I try to keep in mind that many (most) of these are one-man operations.  How many of us have not had health/family/personal issues that got us off the rails for a time?  Its no different for bait makers.   

I try to keep in mind that many (most) of these are one-man operations.  How many of us have not had health/family/personal issues that got us off the rails for a time?  Its no different for bait makers.   

I get that Wayne, but the guys that most of us are frustrated with time and time again, are the same ones with different excuses every time they're way later than promised. And have 0 business skills, shouldn't be taking all the money up front. Maybe a small deposit at most. But again, first time shame on the maker, any time after that shame on the buyer for not learning their lesson. I've absolutely learned mine, and will do my absolute best to deter anyone I come across in buying baits from these few guys. 

I have had Paul (Pizz) paint several baits of mine and have referred several friends...Paul has always came through and his work is top notch... Paul coming on here and throwing himself on the sword speaks volumes about his character...He didn't make a bunch of lame ass excuses and offered a solution to fix the problem... Paul will always get business from me...Paul I hope your health problems get better bud...Tim

Edited by YELOSUB