Free guide trip with the Thigpins

Dick Thompson

e405809d.jpg

To the person who returns the guts to this 11" floater sent back to Rod by the Dirt Bag known as Mark Rogers. That thief cut open this brand new bait to show people and learn how the baits were built. and sent it back along with 8 other baits (5 prototypes). The other where chewed to hell. Please be on the look out for any bait makers issuing any baits of this type in the near future.

As you all probably know this guy was given access to these baits and caught his biggest fish on them out of casitas and castaic lagoon. He then took them to other bait makers to have them build an even bigger bait because Rod wouldn't give him the "big" floater. Well it turns out this guy is a "BIG" floater.

For those who have sent best wishes I thank you on behalf of the guys. I just left their house and they are getting along fine. I give you my word that in the next month one of those baits returned to Rod will be eatin by a 10 pounder and you will get to see it here. Hopefully sooner then later. We can still get out and fish a bit but mostly we just enjoy being out there. We don't care if we catch a fish and have a very deep appreciation for each day we can hang out and actually have more fun when someone farms a good fish :lol: Can't think of anything funnier than the heartbreak of a 10+ coming off at the net and that person turning around expecting consolation and getting hammered by the guys laughing.

Seriously if anyone returns the core of this bait Rod will do his damnedest to get you out and show you how to fish the baits and get you a good fish.

Thanks again,

Dick

I have no interest in joining this pissing contest. But what I will say is that I've known Mark for a long time, and he's always been a great person who cares about his friends and the fishing industry. He has my respect.

Wow, that looks soo similar to the bait Matt was going to release :roll:

I see why there was so much drama...

It is too bad that trusts and friendships where broken, but come on, 5 people had the bait?! The big soft bait market is so stagnant, at least someone was trying to help out the fisherman. It would be different if there was real intentions to market their bait, somebody has to put something out there! With all the attention brought to this, it propably wont be long before another is born.

Just my humble opinion...

It is too bad that trusts and friendships where broken, but come on, 5 people had the bait?! The big soft bait market is so stagnant, at least someone was trying to help out the fisherman. It would be different if there was real intentions to market their bait, somebody has to put something out there! With all the attention brought to this, it propably wont be long before another is born.

I agree with you, Chris. The market is stagnant, especially for big baits. I would love to see a big deadsticking soft bait or even a hard bait for that matter. These " Bait Wars" are crazy...

Refer to my first sentence regarding pissing contests.

It's late march. A nice storm is approaching. I'm loading up the boat with gear and heading out for a weekend of fishing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I agree with you, Chris. The market is stagnant, especially for big baits. I would love to see a big deadsticking soft bait or even a hard bait for that matter. These " Bait Wars" are crazy...

One of the biggest reasons the bait market is stagnant is stuff like this. This will not help you get any new baits. It will just stop more new ones from being produced. The people with the ideas and better baits will just be more careful of who they share them with and keep them for themselves. There are people with good ideas and designs that keep them to themselves for good reason. Fear that some other company that is out of new ideas (if they ever had any) will take the idea and make money off what is yours keeps alot of baits from ever hitting the market. The fishing industry, prostaffers, etc. for the most part is like a bunch of buzzards circling around looking for any scrap they can get to feed themselves. As a culture lies, stealing and cheating is accepted and often encouraged as long as it makes a buck. All it really does is get you a knock off here and there while new and better stuff stays off the market until the person that makes it comes forward with it knowing the buzzards are still circling but more prepared to beat them off of it or it stays some baitmakers personal bait.

for the most part is like a bunch of buzzards circling around looking for any scrap they can get to feed themselves. As a culture lies, stealing and cheating is accepted and often encouraged as long as it makes a buck. All it really does is get you a knock off here and there while new and better stuff stays off the market until the person that makes it comes forward with it knowing the buzzards are still circling but more prepared to beat them off of it or it stays some baitmakers personal bait.

I LOVE IT!

Hey Nico,Big worm,and Danny................. where is the harness for this bait!?

I definitely wonder where that harness went.... the next few years / months will be interesting, especially of anything shows up. Not right at all. Pretty sickening....

Is the harness in that bait any better than the "harness" in the regular Stocker Trout?

That one is an egg sinker, some bailing wire, and a tinned saltwater jig hook.

Now, I love that bait, don't get me wrong. The one time I was able to fish Casitas I got my best fish on it, and it pulled fish when other baits would not. So it is a PROVEN PRODUCER.

However, it is also primitive, from an aesthetic perspective, and in terms of it's rigging.

I doubt that it is much of a secret at this point that a bait needs to have a low center of gravity. So, without taking anything away from the Stocker line of baits, I am pretty skeptical that the harness could be anything too crazy.

I could be wrong. :|

SS

Hey Nico,Big worm,and Danny................. where is the harness for this bait!?

I definitely wonder where that harness went.... the next few years / months will be interesting, especially of anything shows up. Not right at all. Pretty sickening....

How would you know? This isn't an ironclad piece of investigative journalism by the Wall Street Journal. This is people who already didn't like Mark using the accusation as an opportunity to bash him on the internet. You aren't going to find much substance here, definitely not enough for you to start jacking up people you don't know.

The internet is the worst place to hash out these types of disputes, for the reasons I just stated. At least the mods over at SwmbaitNation had the common sense to shut things down before their forum turned into a cesspool.

Enough of the bashing. Fishing was good today! Swimbait fix is taken care of, but going back for more tomorrow anyway :)

post-206-1425298615541_thumb.jpg

I dont know anyone in this situation and dont need to know personally. Theres one fact... dude cut a harness out of a bait to take the design, then was "nice" enough to send it back? Why not throw it away? Sounds like he was trying to start all this to me. And why steal the harness? If I wanted to make a deadstick floater I would just develope one! How much is a gallon of plastic, some plaster of paris, and some wire and lead? Not much I know! I have a shop full of it :lol::lol: dude must just be uninspired and lazy. This was a deliberate move to spite someone. Its easy to sit behind a keyboard and say this is getting blown up out of control. But these guys have PASSION for what they do and are defending it that way. Defending someone is fine but you cant ignore the elephant in the middle of the room. When you put your heart into something and its just stolen out from underneth you, your gonna be pissed! Shoot half the fisherman out there get pissed when your on "their" spot.

I dont know anyone in this situation and dont need to know personally. Theres one fact... dude cut a harness out of a bait to take the design, then was "nice" enough to send it back?....... Sounds like he was trying to start all this to me...... This was a deliberate move to spite someone.quote]

We have a winner