Hard bait problems

barkquackgurr88

Just keep throwing them, slow it down fish them as similar to your soft baits. But at the end of the day, if soft baits are getting bit then that's what Iu have to be throwing.  You never want to force feed the fish, that's a recipe for disaster. 

It might be that you're fishing too slow with the hardbaits. My softbait bites (hudds) have all come creeping the bait along the bottom. My hardbaits bites (TT, 250, SWaver) have all come "actively" fishing the bait. I rarely lose sight of my glides and walk and pop them according to what the fish want. I've never caught a glide fish on a straight retrieve!

I like to fish my glides and multi joints like I fished a fluke with conventional gear. This means that that I throw past my target then bring the Glide or multi joint back over the target and use my reel or rod tip to work the lure over the target structure. Also, a lot of my glide bait bites have come a couple feet from the boat or bank at the end of my retrieve. I just pretend I have a follower every time time and give the glide some erratic action ie rod pops, or quick handle turns. Good luck

Your in the NE in November. Try slowing down with a Huddleston and take advice from members near your area. Others on here may need to cut the over zealous Bullcrap, looking at the avatars. Work your way into Hard swimmers. It's takes time and patience. Most go through the wringer with each individual lure presentation. Good luck out there!

Think about hard swimbaits as reaction baits. Fish will trigger on them the same way. Some days they want it slow and paused a long time, other days fast with rips and pauses and never rule out the full burn, regardless of water temp.