Daiwa Factory Service/Lexa 300

azfisher

Anyone send their 300 back to Daiwa for repair of the thumbar issues?  My thumb bar engages at the start to midcast, with the bait flying back at me. Were they able to fix the problem permanently or do you wind up with the same issues down the road?   I did call Daiwa and had to talk to several people to hear they think they know what the problem is but don't know how much it will be to fix,  just send it in.   I have done a complete clean/lube and I still have issues. I know you can just hold your thumb on it until splash down, but would rather get it fixed if that's an option.  Almost drilled my bud several times and had the guide diving for cover, wasn't cool. 

I had this issue with my Toro NaCl's, but only when using the single power handles.

Realized it was the weigh of the handle moving, and thus engaging the reel on a stiff cast.  

Ditched the single handles and stuck with the standard handles.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to send them back to Daiwa for service and see if they can fix the problems.  I fish from a boat here in AZ on very rocky, canyon type lakes and need to be able to feather the spool with my thumb so I'm not pounding my baits into the rocks when casting. The some of the fish here hold tight to the steep banks for warmth and or shade, so casting up tight is a must. So just holding the thumb bar down continually I don't think will work for me. Thanks again and tight lines.