10 foot+ 30 ounce rod?

bigesoxlures

So, im looking for something rather specific.

A 10 to 11 foot rod that can happily cast up to 30 ounces without strugling, the extra lenght being needed since im a shore fisherman and cant seem to be able to cast far enought

tried looking at muskie rods, but nothing fits the bill lenght wise.

Is there anything you guys know about that might be what im looking for?

Maybe an obscure japanese fishing brand or a custom rod builder?

thank you for any suggestions.

Tackle industries makes a 9 footer that's rated up to 2lbs. I have a lighter model (9footer) that I absolutely LOVE. Amazing customer service, great prices, and the owner donates a ish ton to veterans. I need to ask...what the hell are you throwing that is 30 oz???

I already have the tixxxh, my current go to rod for proper big baits. I do agree with you, the rod performes almost perficaly for the lures i cited above ( the bulldawg 2 pounder weights 28 ounce) and yes, the customer servise is the best ive ever seen.

But, im still wishing for something longer for more casting distance, being stuck on the shore tends to do that to you lol

I use a 12 foot Ocean Master and I also have a 12 foot Pinnacle that will do what you want. I surfed fish for redfish on the gulf and a good "8 and bait" was needed - 8 oz pyramid + a lb mullet was standard fare.  I kept my surf gear and use it to cast my Roman Mother, which it handles nicely. 

Well, I've had these rods over 10 years, I used them to surf fish with - I would look into graphite surfcasting rods, check out stripers online as well. Sometimes you can pick up a deal on a used rod, that's how I got these. I love the Ocean Master XH. I will do some searching as well see what I can find. 

Are you planning on using a conventional reel or a spinning reel? Must of the 10-11 ft rods you're going to come across that can handle 30 ounces are going to be chunking rods. Not the type of rod you want to be casting for a long amount of time. Conventional is going to cut you're options down even further as far as rods goes. Even a 12 foot ugly stick is going to top out at around 12-15 ounces. 8 and bait. To be honest with you for what you're going to pay for a custom rod to do that , if you can even find someone who thinks it's possible, or a Japanese one off brand, you could probably buy a Jon boat for cheaper.

Tfo BigFish 9'6 4 power, big bait workhorse, I don't own anything I can't throw on that stick. Either that or the TackleIndustries XXXH 9'. You can also get the handles custom extended if you need that extra length. 

But you've got like 8 months until you need to start worrying about sending Mammoth Sues or 2lb dawgs, so maybe look into getting a custom rod built in the mean time if those options don't work for you. 

Hope you're not attempting to huck those all year, seen too many shoulder surgeries as a result of that mentality. Don't beat urself up. 

post-21476-0-24178400-1521218540_thumb.jpg

Doesint look long enought to be worth the upgrade unfortunatly, thanks anyway for the advice!

I thought about the custom predator rods, but those dont appear to go longer than 9 foot 6 also, no?

And yes, i will be using a baitcasting reel

The good news is that production muskie rods such as st croix legend tournaments and tackle industries are getting into the 10 foo/10 foot 6 range, hopefuly that will result in a few 2 popunder rods being streched as well in the next few years.

These might not meet your length needs, but they are rated at 8-40 oz and 8-48 oz. I feel like a 10' + rod fishing from the bank could be a pain in the dick

https://www.muskyshop.com/rods-reels/bulldawg-rods-pro-series/

https://www.muskyshop.com/rods-reels/tooth-tamer-musky-rods-9-foot/