finally a new pb

Loganodum38

alright so after 13 months of searching for a new PB i finally found it.  my old pb was 8.55 and man ive caught 5 8.5's since then, just cant crack that number. well after 6 hours yesterday morning of getting bored of catching 4's and 5's it happened. ASAP after launching i backlash my wakebait rod and the braid dug in, so i just set it down for about 5 hours. its around noon and ive thrown most of my arsenal and decide to kill about 10 minutes and try to get that backlash out.  dont ask me why because i dont know but i have my bait sitting in the water RIGHT BESIDE THE BOAT while im fixing the spool, and i cut the line since the spool was a lost cause (i have about 20-30 feet of line between the bait and where i cut it).  so im sitting in about 20 foot of water off a point and out of absolutely no where it sounds like someone dropped a cinder block in the water beside the boat and when i look the bait is gone. so i panic, i stick the line end that i just cut through 2 of the loops in the backlash and start reeling hoping it would hold and when i catch back up on the slack shes still on there, she shoots under the boat pulling drag 2 or 3 times and finally a bucket mouth pops up and my dad grabs her, from the size of the mouth i just knew she was a DD but i was soon to be let down. she weighed in at 8.7, 4 times out of 6 times resetting the scale so thats the number ima stick with. she was 25" long and 16 around. she had alot of filling out to do looking by the 3rd pic.  theyre in post spawn so i think if i wouldve got her a couple weeks ago she wouldve went DD on the scale but im not really complaining. i tried to upload the release video but it just wasnt working

IMG951873.jpg

IMG951863.jpg

IMG951870.jpg

• 2 weeks later...