Best reels for REALLY BIG baits?!

NBarrett10

i have a bass pro revolution low profile that i got for 100 bucks. It is a 300 size and have used it for 2 yrs throwing swimbaits and up to 7 oz lures for musky with no issues. Now i only fish like 2 to 3 full days a month but i like it and it was budget friendly for getting started 

On 4/30/2018 at 9:10 PM, Born 2 fish said:

I use a Lews super duty wide spool 7.1.

I have 3 of these, throws anybait without a problem. Love those reels. I have them on lews superduty rods and they make awesome setups

So took the tranx 400 out today for the first time. It’s a 5.8 and I gotta say, it’s pretty money. The toro was great but this was butter. You can pitch a glide bait for miles with the tranx. I didn’t hook into anything besides a smallie who swiped at my glide bait but so far it’s definitely taken the place of the toro. It’s also a lot smaller than the traditional 400 size reel so it feels good in hand. I’d definitely recommend the tranx. Looks money too!

I'm curious for the really big big baits 16 to 34 oz custom baits. I've seen swimbaiter use the big shooter  day in day out on his insta.  I was looking for reel that can handle and take that abuse can even handle a 3 pound bulldog if I wanted to cast it. 

On 5/6/2018 at 1:33 PM, PAlunkerhunter said:

i have a bass pro revolution low profile that i got for 100 bucks. It is a 300 size and have used it for 2 yrs throwing swimbaits and up to 7 oz lures for musky with no issues. Now i only fish like 2 to 3 full days a month but i like it and it was budget friendly for getting started 

Talking 11oz + on most these baits