Pray for Japan Fundraiser

BigSlant

Hey SU

If you don't follow the news in Japan you may not know of the destruction that has been caused and is still continuing from giant typhoons!

Several hundred people have died and more are missing. Thousands have lost or suffered destruction to their homes and business. 

I'd love to write a big check and help all I can but unfortunately thats beyond my means. 

If you follow IG you may know of Japan local bait builder @marute_marute_maruhata

He builds a lot of topwater and crawler style baits and he has suffered total destruction of his home and shop. I didn't know him well but I have friends over in Japan that are very concerned and saddened. 

I reached out to Marte and he sent pics of the destruction and was very receptive to any assistance the U.S. swimbaiters could provide.

With permission from the great guys who run SU I've attached an Instagram link to a high performance UPF50 sun shirt with a special BABC × JAPAN Rising Son graphic. 

We are retailing this preorder at $60 and after costs we will donate the balance of the funds to Matte and his family. 

If we hit our goal of at least 25 shirts we estimate being able to send $500-600 dollars. This isn't a lot I know.. but it's better than nothing. Secondly if you are not interested in a tee but want to donate we will gladly accept. 

Head to @the_b.a.b.c_fishing_is_life or find is on FB to get to the store or follow this link

https://thebabc.bigcartel.com/product/rising-son-vapor-hoody

Thanks for the love SU 

pray for jp6.jpg

Hey Y'all,

There are thousands of us on this forum, that spend literally THOUSANDS of dollars on baits... Baits that we put in little pouches and take picture of, hang on the wall, get stuck in the tree, or they might even end up back on the Black Market. Some get fished. Lol.. Would be really awesome to help out in a BIG way!!! We have the means. If even a third of the members on here bought one sun hoodie, We would CRUSH Slant's goal of 25 shirts.  We owe sooooo much to our brother's and sister's in the east! Look at all they bring to this sport alone!! Help out! You know you can. You know it's right. 

Maybe I am being a little preachy, sorry not sorry.

I love the support and it's a great idea. But I'm sorry (and this is just my opinion), we have thousands of our own in this country that need help. Veterans that fought for our freedom starving and homeless. The fires out west that ruined homes etc.  I'm all about helping. But I'm going to help out my own country first. Sorry to derail the subject of this thread. 

Right on Slant (BA/BC) supporting fellow grinders and builders is a no brainer. Ill be shooting some funds over to help support. 

Update (Funds Sent to your PayPal) I dont need another sun shirt, so i just sent $$$. 

Edited by drtyrat30

Pretty simple to support more than one cause, to me it's not an either/or thing. Thanks Anthony for spearheading this effort to support a community member,  as well as the other times you've rallied the troops for worthy causes.  Ordered mine yesterday.

It wasn't really an intention to collect donations without the sun hoody.. but if guys wanna donate any amount without a shirt purchase we will gladly accept

Same PayPal address as the shirt sale

babc.swimbait@gmail.com 

Thank you all who have responded and participated!

Yes bro the medium would be your size!

20 minutes ago, Morph808 said:

Sent my order just now. Having been there only once in my life so far, a vast majority of them are really good natured people. Hats off to you gentlemen for doing this.

Thank you all who have responded and participated!

• 3 weeks later...