Painter of Hud Swimbaits??

JCBass

I am no longer painting the Hudds, the fumes, prep and expense just made it not worth it for me. You certainly can play with the 3:16 soft glue to do some little custom touches as it has the right chemistry to hold onto the bait. I highly recommend you guys put the pressure on Ken to release more summer colors. It would be nice to have some more options on the big fish catchinest bait of all time.

Brock is the only source I know that will mess with em'...god bless him.

JK

LOL---+1 :lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed Ali's lead and painted my own bass patterns. Not hard to do and the rainbow bait makes the best bass, in my experience.

X2.....except i used the phantom trout. Add the gill mod and you have one sivk bait. Now i just have to catch something :D

I've been throwing Hudds in the Holdover trout pattern and telling the fish "Hey! That's a tasty baby bass. It just looks like a trout. Go eat it!" and every once in a while they listen and do! :lol:

As for paint though... I think you can do a search for a company called s p i k e i t. They make the paint you're looking for.

-L

Thanks for posting the vid Luke and the recommendations everyone.

The buy in for doing your own bass hudds is cheap. I use Prizmacolor markers in black and olive-green. Then some 3:16 glue on top and you are on your way. Prizmacolor markers have a natural sheen to then which I really like.

One tip: give the markers about an hour to dry before applying the glue or else the black markings may run.

Good news is that bass have such random markings that anything is right :)

Good luck,

-Ali