Pat's

grumbler

3 minutes ago, grumbler said:

Beautiful collection bassbass!!!  When did you start picking them up, and do you still have your first one?

Thank you. I long time ago....no I do not, only have 1 or 2 left, you learn that when you fish different waters the baits change.

11 minutes ago, BDenman said:

You’re out of your mind. A reg/phat raffles for $430. Snacks/shads/bite size for $530 and mini gills/gills for $600. 

Under an honor code right? But I get it they are a small group of peeps doing it who "know" each other. But I know one guy, he is a little suspicious but he keeps doing it, cuz they let him in on it.  I tell him it is a scam. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

3 minutes ago, bigpoppabass said:

Under an honor code right? But I get it they are a small group of peeps doing it who "know" each other. But I know one guy, he is a little suspicious but he keeps doing it, cuz they let him in on it. 

What the hell are you talking about? Lol. The pages are like 2K+ members. Very few people actually know each other. Sure most guys who play all the time for pats talk to each other, they trade pats etc. “suspicious” of what? 

When a pats is raffled for $430, $30 goes to the guy who runs the raffle and the rest to the owner of the bait. 

Just now, BDenman said:

What the hell are you talking about? Lol. The pages are like 2K+ members. Very few people actually know each other. Sure most guys who play all the time for pats talk to each other, they trade pats etc. “suspicious” of what? 

When a pats is raffled for $430, $30 goes to the guy who runs the raffle and the rest to the owner of the bait. 

Relax, you are not helping anyone here. The point I was making is that rafflers are usually legit and do it in small groups. I don't know how you know a limited number of tickets are actually sold or even if a real raffle takes place. My bud is suspicious. Be wary. But with any true scam, the art is to make it seem like you have a chance.  Disclosed prices do that, I am hearing a much higher number than you. 

1 minute ago, bigpoppabass said:

Relax, you are not helping anyone here. The point I was making is that rafflers are usually legit and do it in small groups. I don't know how you know a limited number of tickets are actually sold or even if a real raffle takes place. My bud is suspicious. Be wary. But with any true scam, the art is to make it seem like you have a chance.  Disclosed prices do that, I am hearing a much higher number than you. 

Have you seen a raffle happen? Typically there are 10 spots. You pick a number or multiple. Thebguy runninh it assigns you your number and you pay for them. He records himself using random number generator. Usually 1-10. Whatever number is generated wins. 

Its that easy. 

As as far as charity raffles, it’s typically an unlimited number of tickets can be sold. The more you buy the greater the chance. That’s simple math and probability. Some guys use random number generator others do a live drawing. 

2 minutes ago, twil93 said:

@BDenman no need to get offended man. I know and have seen plenty of them go for much more. You might be in the groups you're talking about but there's plenty others out there like these guys are sayin

I’m not at all offended lol. Yes I understand that. Private sale prices are never set or known to the common group. But I’m saying if you keep looking you’ll find one for “cheap”. But guys saying they sell for $500+ on a regular bases just helps the clippers sell for that because it has already been put into their mind that that’s what they go for. 

1 minute ago, VolunteerSwimbaits said:

I am just an innocent bystander, but why do they go for so much? Are they handcrafted? Are they still being made? Just curious, cause i never understood the price on these. Thanks...

One guy makes them, named Pat. Each is hand made. Yes still being made. Nearly impossible to get from Pat himself. 

3 minutes ago, BDenman said:

Have you seen a raffle happen? Typically there are 10 spots. You pick a number or multiple. Thebguy runninh it assigns you your number and you pay for them. He records himself using random number generator. Usually 1-10. Whatever number is generated wins. 

Its that easy. 

As as far as charity raffles, it’s typically an unlimited number of tickets can be sold. The more you buy the greater the chance. That’s simple math and probability. Some guys use random number generator others do a live drawing. 

I know how a raffle takes place. Again you got a "good" chance of getting one..hmm...Have done charity ones posted here tho. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

Trust me, most of you guys haven't been around longer enough to see or know all the BS. DB you may be off a little on the raffle information, maybe some but not all.

It used be be catch and always post fish you got baits from Pat. Know it is FB 12 year old girl BS.

So it is a great bait, I think it works better in the cooler waters north.

Is it a magic bait? If you can't catch fish with other swimbaits and you think this bait will change you, you may be wrong. Take up golf.

OP good luck with your search.