Life Changes (kinda wordy)

surfk9

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Wayne and the entire SU family its heartwarming to say the least....my wife and I are humbled by the outpouring of well wishes from friends i have in cyberspace....someday i hope to meet some of you and Go Fish!!!....michel

Edited by surfk9
sentence structure

• 2 months later...

SU its been close to seven months since i was diagnosed with cancer...Had my 12th chemo infusion this past Monday , Aug 05....doc is giving me a 4-8 week hiatus to let my body recoup, Iv'e been fortunate most patients can't tolerate that  number of infusions ...i haven't endured the hardships most incur, not sick of any sort...thank the fishing Gods...my main issue is eating in that my taste buds aren't functioning properly ....some days food taste great next day same food is the sh$%ts...small price to pay in the overall scheme of things, i eat lot of fruit & salads along with protein of some variety be it fish meat poultry or dairy depending on what the tasted buds are dictating....I will have a CT scan in four weeks to help determine the next course of action....the 2 #'s on my liver she's been monitoring since day one that were 10 times normal in the WAY OUT RANGE, one is in the normal range the other just outside normal...another gem was explained to us on the current lab report , CEA  #, it shows the amount of cancer in the blood, at the beginning of treatment mine was a 9, under 5 is good...mine is currently 3.7.....doc says that means my blood  currently contains no CANCER CELLS....Great news Lucky me...what in means for the long term only time will tell...My wife & I keep marching forward & fishing when we can...michel ....Go Fish!!!

Michel, thats all great news! 

My pops and most people have that same taste bud side effect. One day its fine and the next day its off the charts with flavor, be careful eating anything spicy as it can really set off the HOT taste buds sometimes. 

3.7 is incredible man. 

rest up and fish man! 

thanks for the update and keep fighting