Two For The Show...

Lucas

Let me start off by saying that this has been my worst year fishing-wise in as long as I can remember. My time on the water has been minimal and my catching has been lackluster with a 3.14 being my biggest. I guess life's responsibilities just get in the way sometimes. Oh well.

It's tough seeing guys post true giants when my production has been subpar. I love watching the videos, but it's hard to not be envious. I feel bad when I see Marbles' signature about not posting reports. I haven't posted any reports cause I haven't had any reports that were post worthy.

Well Sunday evening I caught a couple respectable ones and it gives me great honor to share them with you. :lol:

First fish had the scale bouncing between 5.0 and 5.2. We'll call it a five and be happy. Five seems to be the mendoza line around here for a quality fish. She crushed a 6.5" Rising Son at the side of the boat and went completely airborne. It felt great to have a fish actually put a bend in the LDC H.

I saw the second fish following the Rising Son from way out. I sped up my retrieve and I saw the fish get hot. I really started cranking it and both the bait and the fish started waking towards the boat like the yellow barrels in Jaws. She absolutely housed it. So much so that she took it a little deep and one of the trebles clipped her gill. She was bleeding pretty bad so i took a quick picture. I dipped her in the water and tried to weigh her but the finicky XTools wouldn't register; so I opted to get her back in the drink. - not before she shook and covered me with blood. (thank God I didn't get pulled over on the way home. I looked like Patrick Batemen) A little TLC and she swam off strong. She was definitely fatter than the first fish but shorter. Whatever she weighed I was happy to have played with her. ;)

post-149-14252986727661_thumb.jpg

post-149-1425298672789_thumb.jpg

Good job American Phycho :lol: .Nice pics and like sped said spot looks pretty nice aswell.Hopefully this is the start of something good to come for you this year in the fishing depot. ;)