You know you're a swimbaiter if (or when).........

Darth Baiter

You don't freak out if your friends lose your regular tackle........"eh, tossed a Spook and lost it? Who cares, probably won't be buying another one"... this happened to me last week. Some family and friends went up camping this weekend at a popular lake(if planning would have been better, I would have went.... :evil: ) and some of my tackle which mostly isn't swimbaits went with them. I heard the news when I got back, and I didn't care, but I found out my one of my family stuck one on a swimbait, now they are hooked and want to throw them more, which means I gotta help them find baits so they don't use all mine...... :?::shock::o8-):lol::lol::mrgreen:

Anybody else got any good "when or ifs? "

Danny I have been kinda doin the same thing. Given some baits(mostly soft plastic) and a couple strike king sexy swimmers to friends cuz I just dont use them anymore. When I first would lose one I would be so bummed out but now I just build my own and dont care about losing it I wanna see if a a fish is home!

If you lose a Hudd in a spot, tie on another, and cast back to the same spot :lol:

Did this in a tourney: lost a 68 because I'm an idiot and was using a rod that wasn't made for a hudd. I cussed that fish the entire time while I got my Loomis 966 out and tied on an 8" rof 12, cast back to same spot and caught my biggest fish of the tourney, even though it was only 5.34lbs instead of the 7-8lber that stole my only 68 :D

If your partner calls to tell you he absolutely destroyed em on a frog and senko, so you grab your LDC and BAA and hop in the boat only to chuck it for 8 hrs without a bite :shock::? then go out the next morning and do the same thing :lol::lol::lol:

When you start to only fish how deep you "think" you can dive for your hard bait.

When you snag the bottom with your jig while fishing a phenix ultra mbx and core combo. You set that on your front deck while you search the back for a lure retriever. Not noticing your drifting from your spot and turn around in time to see your phenix shoot off the front deck.... And take your swimbait rod with it by the handle, and you jump in to save the 150 dollar swimbait combo. Mainly cause you didn't want to loose your favorite hudd. ( got both back in the end).

When you snap off a cast and as the lines going threw your guides there's that brief moment where as the line leaves the last guide that bait outweighs the value of the phone in your pocket...

Good thread. :D

The only person on the lake 3-6 nights a week for 3 weeks straight, kicker is you in a pontoon boat multiple hours from home just because you might get "that" bite.

I'm teaching my buddy the ropes of swimbait fishing I set him up with a 6'' top hook swimbait, he casts it off I can tell hes cringing at the cost of casting off someone elses 15$ lure... "I'll buy you a new one, sorry man"....me-"Don't need that one, I wouldn't have you tie on a bait to learn with, gain confidence in and enjoy fishing then take it back after you stick some fish, baits that small are a bad habit anyways."

You know your a swimbait fisherman with a lap full of snow sitting in a pontoon boat multiple days a week throwing hudds during Oregon's winter.

& i'm with Zach lose a hudd, damn that felt fishy, cast right back.

Lost 4 or 5 8''ers in an area the size of a basketball court in one day earlier this year :roll::lol: What can I say got a couple fish there.

Or how about this one. That awkward moment you cast conventional gear and wonder where the extra 8'' of handle went :lol:

The awkward moment your buddy tells you how hard he wrecked them on any conventional bait and you just reply with "thats cool dude"

I don't know how many of you guys can relate to this, but..

Saturday, you go swim bait fishing. Sunday, you go inshore salt water fishing but your equipment is smaller than you gear on saturday.

It's like a batter swinging 5 bats in the batters circle! I almost throw my rod in every time.