Spiralite SQ real seat to small HELP

Stephenk

I ordered an 83 H M SQ spiralite for my birthday and the real seat is to small for a Cardiff 300 and lews Tornament mb pro I called they pretty much told me that they have never heard of this issue befor and then when I called back they said that is just how it’s designed do to the plastic above the real seat and pretty much said I could ship it back (at my own expense ) for a maverick ? Any advice ? Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have an SQ that does fit a Cardiff 300 witch would make this a defect please let me know  

It’s not a defect it’s bad design. That’s why I stopped helping that company they cut the threads on the seat short to “improve cosmetics”. It could have been cut shorter on accident and is a defect , I don’t know but this a something I warned them about. Spiralite has a great base product I believe. It’s the people in the company that have steered it wrong. While the reel seat isn’t the biggest issue, I think the way they are handling situations like this horrible, customer service is nil. I’m sorry your having to deal with that stuff. 

Stephen not sure why your'e having this issue ....i'm certain it's not making you a Happy Camper....I've got the same Spiralite Rod , Defiant Model.....I also happen to have a Cardiff 301 A....not exactly the same But it should BE...just went to the garage slipped the reel into place rear foot in first screwed the top down NO PROBLEMO....sorry about you're issues certainly sounds frustrating....just though I'd share what is happening for me....Good Luck....michel....Go Fish!!!!

2 hours ago, Ceaser said:

It’s not a defect it’s bad design. That’s why I stopped helping that company they cut the threads on the seat short to “improve cosmetics”. It could have been cut shorter on accident and is a defect , I don’t know but this a something I warned them about. Spiralite has a great base product I believe. It’s the people in the company that have steered it wrong. While the reel seat isn’t the biggest issue, I think the way they are handling situations like this horrible, customer service is nil. I’m sorry your having to deal with that stuff. 

Yea man have talked to others who were involved prior and they say the same your if anything nicer about it ha . It’s cool though. I’m supposed to meet someone about an hour from where I live to have the rod replaced supposedly been about a week or back and forth though . Will keep ya posted 

1 hour ago, surfk9 said:

Stephen not sure why your'e having this issue ....i'm certain it's not making you a Happy Camper....I've got the same Spiralite Rod , Defiant Model.....I also happen to have a Cardiff 301 A....not exactly the same But it should BE...just went to the garage slipped the reel into place rear foot in first screwed the top down NO PROBLEMO....sorry about you're issues certainly sounds frustrating....just though I'd share what is happening for me....Good Luck....michel....Go Fish!!!!

Thanks man just like I said don’t have anything to compare to so it helps in a way Forsure . Hopefully I’ll be switching it out for a Maverick or defiant soon 

1 hour ago, Stephenk said:

Thanks man just like I said don’t have anything to compare to so it helps in a way Forsure . Hopefully I’ll be switching it out for a Maverick or defiant soon 

Defiant a great rod. I still use my 8’6s extensively