Official 2020 Grassroots Bait Swap Thread

chefchris

I know it’s early but I’ve been working on this... so after a ton of failed prints I finished the back half of the bait. I printed in PLA, matching mold halves. Did a little sanding and coated with Smooth On xtc-3D epoxy. Should pour up the molds tonight. I just printed the actual mold for the tail and I’m pleased with with it. Tail is made of silicone. 730F8CFD-BD7E-4AA8-8D4A-D50EC2FEB362.thumb.jpeg.dfdb9046a3566c17b01125a1d5967d95.jpeg4CC8953A-DEEF-4533-A62B-88EEE0738CDC.thumb.jpeg.c53fcbd8bffb432cfc2eaf3075ad4ee0.jpeg29365FC5-E341-48BD-ABD1-422F281A2EC6.thumb.jpeg.3274fc38c78da2ce3b6adeaabb0ec9f2.jpeg

@chefchris these are just half positives, so only the pieces above the flat areas are baits. The red is so thick because I’m a 3D design noob. Baits probably 1” thick. And that’s just the 3D print marks. It’s so thin I didn’t want to coat it and loose thickness. 

1 hour ago, RayRe said:

@Mountainryan 

Aren't the screws eyes in the joint facing the wrong direction? Looks like that XTC worked on those print lines. Nice and smooth

They sure are! But that’s the only way you can mold them and pour them into the bait easily. I planned on tuning the bait and will screw them in more. No idea how far in when looking at the computer.