Official 2020 Grassroots Bait Swap Thread

chefchris

Let me start off by saying thank you to everyone who wanted to be involved and offering feedback/input! 

Please sign up on this thread before January 5th, 2020, a simple "I'm in" works great. 

We did this last year and it was a great time, lots of info being shared, new ideas, old baits reworked, new baits developed etc. 

Here the official rules/guidelines for the swap, please read them thoroughly and sign up if you agree to all the terms. 

2020 Swimbait Swap Details & Rules

Start Date: January 5th, 2020

Finish Date: April 4th, 2020 

Objective: All builders who sign up are to build ONE HARD BAIT each in the 3 month time frame. This can be a new design, an old design, a tweak on an existing bait, etc. as long as you made it and is to be completed by April 4th, 2020.

I would like to put emphasis on making sure your bait swims and isn’t a dud, no one wants to get a paper weight. The bait can be any style/variety as long as it is a hard bait.

Finished bait weight should be within reason, as most guys aren't throwing 9-15oz. baits regularly.

HARD BAITS ONLY: Material can be any medium, wood, resin, pvc, plastic 

Please use this thread to post progress of your build, ask suggestions, get advice etc, this should also be a fun build and a learning experience. 

Please give a full description of the bait, weight, length, what line/rod, retrieve/how you fish it with so everyone knows if that bait will fit they're fishing style/waters/techniques. 

PLEASE DO NOT PICK A BAIT YOUR ROD CAN'T HANDLE OR YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF FISHING!

THERE WILL BE NO SELLING/TRADING OF A BAIT YOU GET FROM THIS SWAP!

Please build a bait you’d be proud to have someone fish!

Swap Rules: All names will go into an online auto pick generator. That way there will be no issues with who goes first, second etc. I’ll film it in real time and post it. After the swap order is determined, you will get to pick the bait of your choosing. Please pick the bait you’ll actually fish, this benefits the builder with feedback and constructive criticism, and will benefit you with a bait you’ll want to fish. I know everyone might not get there first choice, second choice or even third choice, that’s just the way it works.

We will use this thread to keep everyone updated on the build progress and to get feedback along the way. Like if you are building or tuning a glide and having issues, ask the group for help/suggestions as someone might be able to quickly correct the issue without you having to go thru multiple failures. Personally I’ve cut down my learning curve by learning from guys that have more experience than me and asking questions, without asking for a handout.

Please read this line -> if you fail to complete the bait by the deadline, you will forfeit the opportunity to swab baits.

Once all the baits are picked, it will be you and builders job to send private messages and get the address of where it needs to be shipped. The shipping charges should be pretty even across the board.

If you see a bait (baits) you’re really interested in and want to own, but might not get because of pick order, I suggest contacting the builder to see if you guys can arrange a private swap/buy/trade separate from the main swap. Any builders can work out side trades or sales privately thru messages. 

I expect nothing but great things from the swap and the guys involved. If for whatever reason, you feel cheated/picked on or overly criticized send me a message, I don’t see it happening but covering bases.

After everyone receives their baits we’ll start a new thread called 2020 SU Swimbait Swap Catches, that we can all post in to see the baits getting fished, how they are holding up, performing, etc. We did that last season but never really took off and only a few pics got posted as most guys are actually out fishing and this forum seems to slow way down. 

I also really like the idea of doing our own swap tournament like the SU style, date to be determined, open to ideas as a group.

Thanks in advance to everyone who got involved and making this the 2nd Annual Grassroots Swap! 

Chef Chris