Official 2020 Grassroots Bait Swap Thread

chefchris

Heres my trout glide. Forgot to post it up earlier. It's a 8.5in bait with some mass to it. It swims best with a higher gear ratio reel. 

Length: 8.5in

Weight: 4.8oz

Hardware: owners hyper wire size 6 and st-56,1/0. Hyper wire size 4 on line tie.

20200405_194956.jpg

20200405_193708.jpg

20200405_194148.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rogervang said:

Heres my trout glide. Forgot to post it up earlier. It's a 8.5in bait with some mass to it. It swims best with a higher gear ratio reel. 

Length: 8.5in

Weight: 4.8oz

Hardware: owners hyper wire size 6 and st-56,1/0. Hyper wire size 4 on line tie.

20200405_194956.jpg

20200405_193708.jpg

20200405_194148.jpg

That looks awesome man

Here's my entry.   6 inch SS bluegill glide bait. 4.6 oz.  Resin painted with Wicked and Createx paints and cleared with 2K auto clear. ST-36 hooks and 2X SS hardware and a Lexan tail

I like to throw it on an 806 paired with a Abu NaCl 50 in 6/4:1 with 20LB Abrazx.

101_1925.JPG

Edited by azfisher

I’ll go thru today and compose a finished bait thread, and make the order for the swap. 
sorry the delay, I’ve been working 6 days a week 12-14 hour days with this covid 19 business going around, I’ll have some time today and will put a finished bait thread together. 

Sadly I'm going to be out for the swap. I am not 100% satisfied with the bait. I glued the bait joint too tight and every now and then itll have too much contact and not release causing the bait to drift to one side. I glued and sealed the pin so it's too much work and not enough time. I will definitely be in the next exchange though. Thanks everyone for all the kind words on this bait. I cant wait to see what catches everyone gets from the swap. 

Here is my finished bait. what a major pain in the azz these things are. i think this was my 5th attempt at making a crawler bait and this design/build probably had 7 or 8 tweaks along the way. 

Chef Crawler (Cruller) Body is 4.25", Finished weight with hooks 2.5oz, Hooks and rings are VMC 1/0 Bronze with 50Lb. Owner Hyper wire rings. Bait has burned gill bars, then epoxy heat sealed, then painted with graffiti/professional grade spray paints, then True Coat Epoxy with green and holo pearl mixed in. 

The body has weighted hook hangers so that the bait rights itself upon landing and casts really well with the weighted tail to help compensate for the wings and the position they needed to stay in to guarantee a solid swim. 

fishes best tied direct on straight braid, slow to moderate retrieve will get the bait moving and leaves a nice bubble trail. 

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

58 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Here is my finished bait. what a major pain in the azz these things are. i think this was my 5th attempt at making a crawler bait and this design/build probably had 7 or 8 tweaks along the way. 

Chef Crawler (Cruller) Body is 4.25", Finished weight with hooks 2.5oz, Hooks and rings are VMC 1/0 Bronze with 50Lb. Owner Hyper wire rings. Bait has burned gill bars, then epoxy heat sealed, then painted with graffiti/professional grade spray paints, then True Coat Epoxy with green and holo pearl mixed in. 

The body has weighted hook hangers so that the bait rights itself upon landing and casts really well with the weighted tail to help compensate for the wings and the position they needed to stay in to guarantee a solid swim. 

fishes best tied direct on straight braid, slow to moderate retrieve will get the bait moving and leaves a nice bubble trail. 

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

love love love this

so i posted the swap/exchange thread, 13 builders, waiting on some spec info but otherwise i think everything is there, if i missed anything about your bait or youd like me to add something please send me a message. I also asked how you guys want to do the exchange, ideas. please let me know 

hope everyone is staying safe and is healthy, hopefully this thread and the exchange thread are a small distraction 

• 1 year later...