Official 2020 Grassroots Bait Swap Thread

chefchris

5 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Have been working hard to get this bait finished and out of the way so I can make something new for the swap. Trying to decide between a trout glide that I already have half-finished or a new wake/crankdown...decisions decisions

20200110_143005-01.thumb.jpeg.b156952d2e4874ee01ea5fc65679ffb2.jpeg

Please make this bait! Wow man that seriously impressive! 

14 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Have been working hard to get this bait finished and out of the way so I can make something new for the swap. Trying to decide between a trout glide that I already have half-finished or a new wake/crankdown...decisions decisions

20200110_143005-01.thumb.jpeg.b156952d2e4874ee01ea5fc65679ffb2.jpeg

Man i hope my carving can get to that level one of these days. Looks incredible, nice work!! 

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

This is actually the same bait from the last swap and I've been tinkering with it for almost a year now. I was super happy with how it turned out but wanted to reinforce the fins and improve the cosmetics just a bit. Wasn't planning to enter the same bait again, but if I don't have anything else finished by March then perhaps I will.

Happy building! Excited to see what everyone else cooks up!

Little swim vid of the bait, font one finished up and threw a round lip in that I had laying around. I will probably end up with a coffin lip and lexan. Needs some tuning but it swims!

16 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Looks great. 
where you thinking for hook locations? 

Thanks man. I was going to put the front hook right and the back end of the head section right before the joint. Not sure on the second though. The fins will all be soft so either in front of or behind the lower fin towards the rear. 

28 minutes ago, danthefisherman said:

I really like the depth of the rays on your fins...mine just look flat

Thanks man. Took a few passes for each crevice with a real sharp knife to get em that deep. I'll trade for your scale carving abilities haha