Best 9” glide bait

96straight

15 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

Haven't personally fished one, but the Baitsanity Explorer checks a lot of boxes for you. 

I was gonna say this--haven't fished one either, but Matt Allen of Tactical Bassin recommends it, and I'll take his word for it.

+1 on the baitsanity explorer. Has a really nice glide. It can be made to glide far to the sides with rod twitches and reel turns.

Sinks a little faster than a deps 250 but I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a less expensive big glide 

54 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

I know that  @Loganodum38is successful fishing them. 

While I haven’t fished everything, I’ve fished a lot of the baits on the market. But I am quite picky in certain ways. For a longer more slender trout style profile, my favorite is baitsanity hands down. I used to fish deps 250s and sold them when I fell in love with baitsanitys have had so much success with them. Throw price out the window I still prefer them over a 250. Now for what your looking for with size and price wise, for a Shad profile the hinkle and phones are great options but with you trying to stay under 100 I hear many many guys talk great about the golden swimbaits Shad glide, personally I really really like the Magnum (9”) savage gear shine glide. The 7” has its issues mainly with “Helicoptering” while casting but they fixed that with the 9” and I have fell I love with that bait as well. 

and to add onto that. My recommendation would be to grab a baitsanity explorer for $70 new or $50 on the black market. And a SG mag shine glide for 30 and you’d be at or under your price range with 2 very good baits. 

Edited by Loganodum38

12 hours ago, Loganodum38 said:

While I haven’t fished everything, I’ve fished a lot of the baits on the market. But I am quite picky in certain ways. For a longer more slender trout style profile, my favorite is baitsanity hands down. I used to fish deps 250s and sold them when I fell in love with baitsanitys have had so much success with them. Throw price out the window I still prefer them over a 250. Now for what your looking for with size and price wise, for a Shad profile the hinkle and phones are great options but with you trying to stay under 100 I hear many many guys talk great about the golden swimbaits Shad glide, personally I really really like the Magnum (9”) savage gear shine glide. The 7” has its issues mainly with “Helicoptering” while casting but they fixed that with the 9” and I have fell I love with that bait as well. 

and to add onto that. My recommendation would be to grab a baitsanity explorer for $70 new or $50 on the black market. And a SG mag shine glide for 30 and you’d be at or under your price range with 2 very good baits. 

wow thank you for your feedback I will definitely consider those baits, I have the savage gear shine glide 7 inch and I caught a couple fish on it but it really didn't tickle my fancy. I do like the colors on the magnum shine glide and that probably will be a valid options for me. My main probably with the baitsanity is how heavy it is and my swimbait setup maxes out at about 5 ozs and throwing that heavy of a lure might risk it. But this is great help thank you very much!