Going swimming for a swimbait.

365swimbait

I haven't gone in the water yet, I always feel like it's not clear enough to find a broken off bait. Recently I decided to test my 1lb 40$ lure knocker on a blade bait I got stuck. Lost both. Right after making fun of my buddy for losing a lure knocker.

I did this when I got my triple trout. Snagged on old line wrapped in a submerged tree. Let the sun come up and warm up a little bit then made the swim out to get it. Thought I was gonna drown getting caught in the tree. Barely made it back. Funny how the risk of drowning is worth it for an $80 lure 

I’ve went swimming many times for baits. Them santee gators don’t play around though gotta be careful (This is a 13ft a local guy caught. On my old laptop I have a pic of my 16ft but the computer is fried from spilling a bowl of good ole fruity pebbles and I have to get someone to extract the hardrive)

D97C31AB-06D2-4EAE-A79A-766D1465E560.jpeg

Great Post! I'm glad I'm not not the only one!

A few years ago I ran to the lake (Only had 30-45min to fish before I had to meet the wife for dinner...She said Don't be late!)

1st cast NEW Braid "SNAP" and my favorite 2 PC Morning Wood goes rocketing into the sky-landing about 50 yards away

It had rained the night before and a lot of debris was floating on the water so I tried to Lock my eyes on the Rat so I didn't lose sight of it mixed in with all the leaves and sticks...

The Wind was blowing it out farther quickly so I had to act quick! 

I was at the park during the week and it normally was vacant until the weekend...so I decided to strip naked!  (Smart move)

...Didn't want to show up to dinner with a wet underwear outline on my shorts...I mean come on!

The bank I was on only had 1 small bush to conceal my public nudity so as I kept an sharp eye on my Rat and quickly undressed and made my way into the water...

Doggy paddling while keeping an eye on the "RAT"... I guess it was out about 60+ yards or so and felt the physical fatigue of being out of shape.

When I made it to "What I thought was my Rat" I realized it was a freaking stick! I guess I lost sight of in my doggy paddling and misjudged it's location!

I immediately starting to panic from exhaustion and was about to give up! I told myself "Do 3 circles and if you don't see it-give up and head back!"

About the 3rd "Doggy Paddle 360" I spotted it! I snatched it and started paddling back with what little energy I had left!

Not paying much attention to anything other than NOT DIEING...

I didn't realize the "young couple" of campers that had arrived and were setting up their tent as I came came out of the lake totally naked "Glistening in the Summer sun" holding a rat in one had and covering my "Twig-n-berries" in the other! 

I had NO WORDS for them...I stood behind the "Worlds smallest Bush"...Just Staring at the couple like a creep.

The guy said: "Are you ok?" 

I Said: "I'm Doing great-I got my rat back!"

No other words were exchanged...Just creepy stares...mainly my me.

2 hours ago, LUV-2-CATCH'EM said:

A few years ago I ran to the lake (Only had 30-45min to fish before I had to meet the wife for dinner...She said Don't be late!)

1st cast NEW Braid "SNAP" and my favorite 2 PC Morning Wood goes rocketing into the sky-landing about 50 yards away

It had rained the night before and a lot of debris was floating on the water so I tried to Lock my eyes on the Rat so I didn't lose sight of it mixed in with all the leaves and sticks...

I was at the park during the week and it normally was vacant until the weekend...so I decided to strip naked!  (Smart move)

...Didn't want to show up to dinner with a wet underwear outline on my shorts...I mean come on!

The bank I was on only had 1 small bush to conceal my public nudity so as I kept an sharp eye on my Rat and quickly undressed and made my way into the water...

Doggy paddling while keeping an eye on the "RAT"... I guess it was out about 60+ yards or so and felt the physical fatigue of being out of shape.

When I made it to "What I thought was my Rat" I realized it was a freaking stick! I guess I lost sight of in my doggy paddling and misjudged it's location!

I immediately starting to panic from exhaustion and was about to give up! I told myself "Do 3 circles and if you don't see it-give up and head back!"

About the 3rd "Doggy Paddle 360" I spotted it! I snatched it and started paddling back with what little energy I had left!

I didn't realize the "young couple" of campers that had arrived and were setting up their tent as I came came out of the lake totally naked "Glistening in the Summer sun" holding a rat in one had and covering my "Twig-n-berries" in the other! 

I had NO WORDS for them...I stood behind the "Worlds smallest Bush"...Just Staring at the couple like a creep.

GOLDEN!!!

4 hours ago, LUV-2-CATCH'EM said:

“No other words were exhanged”. lol

5 years ago was the first time i’ve ever went swimming for a swimbait. The 2nd bait i ever bought was a gillrilla and snapped it off a week after owning it. I went into panic mode, drove to walmart and bought a pair of goggles and an underwater flashlight. Went back and started swimming and just like you, i realized i was terribly out of shape. Kept swimming and when i got to the general area i dove down and that was when i realized i bought the worlds sh*ttiest pair of goggles. I couldnt see a damn thing. The exhaustion was really getting to me and i started to panic. I doggy paddled back to shore without the bait and the first thing my wife says to me when i reach the shore was”get your dumbass out of the water”.. i put my head in my chest and drove home depressed. 

tips for anyone retrieving a bait. Swim out there with a flotation device thats anchored to a weight so you’ll have multiple tries to dive down and not drown from exhaustion.