Have Swimbaits, Will Travel!

eyra_kid

Been a crazy year for me what with buying and selling a house, moving, all that jazz. Fishing has kind of taken the back burner. Finally getting a break and wife and I are flying to California at the end of the month to see our new nephew. Also hoping to get a little fishing in. SIL/BIL live in Suisun City, but I know nothing about the area except it's close to the Delta. Hoping to find some smaller waters nearby I could get to and get a bait wet. Anybody local know the area, give any suggestions?

Been a crazy year for me what with buying and selling a house, moving, all that jazz. Fishing has kind of taken the back burner. Finally getting a break and wife and I are flying to California at the end of the month to see our new nephew. Also hoping to get a little fishing in. SIL/BIL live in Suisun City, but I know nothing about the area except it's close to the Delta. Hoping to find some smaller waters nearby I could get to and get a bait wet. Anybody local know the area, give any suggestions?

I don't know that area well, not even the delta LOL!, You will be a little over 2 hours North/west of where I live.

Yeah, the Delta looks huge! I hear about it being a phenomenal bass fishery, but all I've found online is info about sturgeon, striped bass and salmon fishing. Nothing wrong with those, but what's a Kansas boy to know about salmon or sturgeon! :lol:

:shock: huh? Delta? where? :lol::lol: Yep im a local... but you are really close to Berryessa... there are some GIANTS in there too! The delta is a cool spot, PM with some dates, I have a wacky work schedule, off at weird times and dates. If not theres really no shore access for the delta. Berryessa would be a better bet or post on matt allens site asking him advice on local ponds up there. he seems to freequent the puddle lakes.

:shock: huh? Delta? where? :lol::lol: Yep im a local... but you are really close to Berryessa... there are some GIANTS in there too! The delta is a cool spot, PM with some dates, I have a wacky work schedule, off at weird times and dates. If not theres really no shore access for the delta. Berryessa would be a better bet or post on matt allens site asking him advice on local ponds up there. he seems to freequent the puddle lakes.

Thanks for the info Ceasar. Sent you a pm also.

I don't know that area well, not even the delta LOL!, You will be a little over 2 hours North/west of where I live.

u moved?

u moved?

Were you asking me or Don? I assume Don, but I was jabbering about moving so... :? I'm not moving to Cal, just visiting.

• 2 weeks later...